Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Another rant... as always...

princessn1984

Mar 31, 2008, 11:49 AM
Same person. Blah. I've always been one who believed you should ring on 1 register and not share registers. If you are assigned to register A you should not also ring on register B, even if you are a keyholder or manager. This causes confusion and if something comes up missing, all it creates is more problems. So why do people go to the other side of the building, ring on a register that isn't theres, and infact IS someone else's register, and its not even on the side that they work on (the person is on the sales side, supposed to be on the customer service side). Then, when I tell them that the phone they just replaced is crap and they need to do it again, they give me a dirty look, like why can't I do it. I'll tell you why. Because...
(continues)
cellphoneguy26

Mar 31, 2008, 12:01 PM
That was a big no no to me on my last job i think that if its in your name then noone should touch it. period!
princessn1984

Mar 31, 2008, 12:17 PM
Exactly.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 31, 2008, 12:12 PM
In our center, all of our computers lock up either after 5 minutes of idle time, or the rep does it manually. Once it's locked up, only the rep can unlock it, or our IT department. Not even their sups, or the managers can unlock it. The only other way to unlock it is to turn the computer all the way off, and in that case, it kicks the previous rep off. Basically it's there to prevent fraudulent activity on an account.
princessn1984

Mar 31, 2008, 12:16 PM
Its just that she's ringing on more than one register (its up to 3 now, you can bet she won't ring on mine though). And that she has me do her job so she can sit there and talk, and I have to run back and forth to the manager's office because I can't do certain things on accounts (waive fees and such).
Seribus

Mar 31, 2008, 12:33 PM
like i said a few days ago i think its time to get a new job.....
princessn1984

Mar 31, 2008, 12:39 PM
I'm looking in another city, but I want to stay in the cell phone industry. I put in my resume with AT&T and Cricket. Thinking about Verizon but I heard that it wasn't such a great company to work for. I definetly don't want to go to Sprint because of all of the issues. I'm not sure what else is in that city. I think T-Mobile is, but I have to see.
Seribus

Mar 31, 2008, 12:50 PM
well i work for t-mobile, its alright...good money if you can go corp andyou have the ability to sell which from all your post you seem that you do....
princessn1984

Mar 31, 2008, 12:56 PM
I'm still relatively new to the industry (started at the end of October)... but I like the industry... and its something I would like to keep doing.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.