Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

They told you the phone had what?

cilvzwagent

Mar 28, 2008, 1:46 PM
Had a customer come in and say ATT told him about a construction grade ruggedized phone by Motorola that has 10 days straight talk time, and 20 days standby. ๐Ÿ˜ณ At first I thought the customer was yankin my chain, until I called over to the store across the street for giggles, to find the rep who answered told me the same thing.

Now, I don't know anything about anything when it comes to ATT phones, that ain't my market. But.... Which phone is this, and what does it run off of, a car battery?
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 1:47 PM
OH ****!!!! haha that is awesome..car battery...seriously though i have no clue..maybe google it
cilvzwagent

Mar 28, 2008, 1:58 PM
The closest thing I can find is the v365. 9 HOUR talk time, not 10 days...it has up to 21 day standby.

But watch out ATT/Moto lovers! Everytime they bring out a phone and advertise fantastic battery life..the batteries crap out every 60-90 days.

Just like the v325/v325i/v325xi/k1m/w315 batteries did for VZW.

10 day talk time, HA! I knew the guy was mistaken. It's funny though cuz the rep at the store confirmed 10 DAY straight talk time. No wonder that store has employee turn over every 60 days....
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 2:00 PM
haha that is some wild ****...however i text WAY too much for any battery to last that long
cilvzwagent

Mar 28, 2008, 2:04 PM
It makes me want to go buy one, charge it up....call the local time/temp number and just let the clock tick until the battery dies. my guess is, it'll die in about 3-4 hours.....not 9 hrs, and definately not 10 days.
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 2:04 PM
10 days....240 hours..lol...yeah...NOT
OfAMightDivine

Mar 28, 2008, 1:48 PM
Probably is one of those secret Government phones.

๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€
groundhog_day

Mar 28, 2008, 2:14 PM
I'm not so sure about talk time but you can buy the Sonim XP1 unlocked online. Its pretty hardcore when it comes to 'construction' grade.

check it out..there are some great vids on you tube too..

http://www.sonimtech.com/features_xp1.html »

I guess it does have an 1100 mah battery..that sounds pretty decent for a phone that doesnt boast a lot of multimedia functions.
Tmo Slave

Mar 28, 2008, 2:26 PM
Battery life I don't know of any phone that last that long. I believe nextel had a motorola that was could take being dropped and was water resistant. Don't remember the modile number though. It was designed for contractors and such.
a Girl

Mar 28, 2008, 3:05 PM
the Motorola v365 BUT the not-too-bright agent probably thought 10 hours talk time=10 days talk time..... ๐Ÿคจ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.