Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

"We're just lookin".....

liquidfire

Mar 22, 2008, 4:48 PM
is the most bullish line ever. i just hate it when i go to greet a cust and they reply with this, most of the time without ever looking up from the phones. then 5 min later they expect me to drop everything and answer questions for them and help them with things. i wish i could just say, "oh, i thought you were just lookin. so no i wont help you. just look. nothing else."

anyone else hate that too??
thwack1083

Mar 22, 2008, 4:50 PM
I'm just reading.....
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 4:51 PM
I love when you ask do you need help? and they say no but in the same sentence they're like "When is my upgrade?"
cellphoneguy26

Mar 22, 2008, 5:09 PM
Yeah people are so afraid of salesman sometimes all i say is hi and the reply " i got a phone" i just wanna say bad things
llama

Mar 22, 2008, 5:13 PM
Hey, that's great, what exactly are you looking for? Let me show you this...

Makes 'em move right along...
dualitycomplex

Mar 22, 2008, 9:45 PM
i just sit around and give gernal statements as to what can be found where, ask them if they have the carrier i work for giving a couple minutes between each question that way i dont seem like i am hounding them.

my favorite is when some one comes in with a prepay phone and expects me to drop everything i am doing and help them out (i might catch some flak here but i could care less ) prepays arent even real customers in my eyes, i'm not going to take more than 5mins out of my day for each one, i could have a new act, upgrade or an existing customer come in that needs my help and existing and paying customers always come ahead of human atm machines. Pin number pls.
ac4321

Mar 22, 2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah, it's fine until they complain about having to wait later.

Here's a scene that plays out sometimes:

Customer comes in and skips by greeter. Greeter asks if custy needs help. Custy says, "just looking." Greeter adds custy to the list anyway for a sales rep to check on them in a few minutes. Rep checks on them five minutes later and the custy is still "just looking." Reps move on to other customers. Custy looks up and sees several people waiting to be helped and all reps busy, goes to host and complains about having to wait...

😕

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.