Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Ever notice this with your office mates ( if you work in a call center)

sidbisyo

Mar 22, 2008, 4:01 PM
Ok call center newbies, ( or newly hired guys) ever noticed how when they're new on the floor they are all like, stary eyed and exited about taking calls. they are also the ones always the ones always volunteering to o overtimes.
and they alsohave have the best stats (collections and csat.. were in finance)

after a few months ( or weeks) the light in the're eyes just fade off and you can hear them complaining and ranting on anything. its like, the place just sucked the joy out their lives..

I myself dont really have that much of a problem tolerating life here, maybe because i've been here a while.. but i still get that masochistic tendency of stabbing my ears w/ pencils to drown out the cust's fits and tantrums on anything they think...
(continues)
yumyum10

Mar 22, 2008, 4:06 PM
i agree and the best part is they don't take their breaks because they want to stay on the phones and chitchat w/ the customers!! and that means... i can take extra break because our staffing is ok.. woohooooo..
liquidfire

Mar 22, 2008, 4:09 PM
i know exactly what you mean. i worked DSL tech support in a call center and its all the same. i was happy (although i use the term loosely) when i started and i didnt mind an hour or so of OT every day. i actually listened to every customer and all that. within a month of being on the floor by myself all that changed. i would watch the clock and use tricks to make sure i got out on time if not even early whitout getting in trouble. i dreaded going to work everyday. i played suduko puzzles while on calls so that i didnt have to listen to them and to keep myself occupied. i only last 9 months. it was moreso my management than the custies that ended my stay there, but they played a big role in it as well. i went in there happy with life, now i...
(continues)
sidbisyo

Mar 22, 2008, 4:26 PM
exactly.. i still remembered the days during my training ( those would be the happiest days in my call center life) when they gave us a chance to sit next to a tenured rep and listen how they handle calls, i remembered telling my self.. i could do what this guy does, let me take calls. once we hit the floor i started getting more an more irritated with what im doing. now i think this place has made me into a mechanical drooling zombie phone slave. it also gave me this weird serial killer/mass murdering thoughts.

sometimes i wish that stephen kings novel, cell was real. only it affects those custies that are over abusive and demand the world bec they feel that they have been "inconvenienced" or the ones that ont have a clue why they're s...
(continues)
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 1:20 PM
Ya know, Sprint actually cancelled several thousand custies accouts due to abuse of calling too much or getting too many undeserved credits. Now, although this lovely idea was that of the FORMER ceo or Sprint, I still thought it was hilarious! For a good week after this happened, custies were scared. They would call all freaked out, wanting to complain, but yet not, about charges on their bills. And when a credit was valid, they almost sounded relieved they didnt have to ask for it out right. LMAO. too funny.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 4:17 PM
That happens to every, single one of the new hire classes I put out. And, I think it's hilarious.
woodywoody500

Mar 23, 2008, 3:04 AM
i just turn on my ear buds to drown them out. ๐Ÿ‘€
Dj Podmaster

Mar 24, 2008, 11:59 AM
The same thing happens in retail. After training everybody is perky and happy to listen to a customer drone on about some problem. After about 3 weeks you can start to see their eyes glaze over as soon as a customer starts talking. That blank stare tells you they realized the company has stolen their soul.
honeysuckle03

Mar 24, 2008, 8:29 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

poor reps..

we must find a gateway for stress..
honeysuckle03

Mar 24, 2008, 8:28 PM
lets go to the beach together!!

boracay or dakkak would be great.. ๐Ÿ˜
traegon

Mar 24, 2008, 11:20 PM
I hear ya. May makes 3 years ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ˜ข i've worked in this center. I do both Finance and Care (along with other non-phone duties, that's a whole nother story).

See it all the time. This is the best way to sum up the progression: ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜• โ˜น๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
thanx4callingcustcare

Mar 25, 2008, 3:28 AM
Well i just started my seventh year in cust care and I am truly feeling like my soul is gone. I swear if I worked in retail I have to kill the customers if the act like they do on the phone ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.