Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 28 replies

do they give jobs to anyone at sprint stores?

custservguru

Mar 20, 2008, 7:26 PM
I work for Sprint customer service/tech support. I have been here for 2 years, and let me tell you, these reps at the sprint stores need to stop trying to just sell a customer a phone and make a sale and actually properly inform a customer of things. Here are a few things you all at the stores, both corp stores and third party.
1. DO NOT tell the customer the activation fee applies, but if u call customer service they can waive it for you. this fee is valid. if your gonna waive it for them, then do it!
2. DO NOT convince a customer to take a new line of service just because they are not eligible for a rebate and then activate it on another line to get the sale. we then deal with customers saying "i don't have a third line. i bought a new...
(continues)
traegon

Mar 20, 2008, 7:34 PM
There was a point early on by working in Finance that I wondered if Store reps inform ASL Customers fully. It's not such a /huge/ deal now, becaue we dont include the current MRC into the ASL Balance, but before we did that man.. customr would get a phone at the store, bill came out 3 days later, put them over the ASL and then they called in all PO'ed, saying they weren't told about it. It is annoying, but I would say all store reps aren't bad at all. Just like in the service departments, you got bad reps everywhere or reps that are having a bad day. It happens.
custservguru

Mar 21, 2008, 11:06 AM
yea i agree they arent all bad, but there have been times i really want to strangle these store reps. i know this is how they make their money,but come on! oh and trust me. there are plenty of stupid customer service reps too. we have the worst customer service more so for inconsistancy. i was on the phone with a customer who was at the sprint store, and heard the rep say "you're going to be charged an activation fee, just call customer service and tell them you weren't supposed to be charged." why cant they just credit it? ughhh...
Donna FireHammer

Mar 21, 2008, 8:09 PM
i personally think that most of the store reps DO inform the custies and the custies either A. lie their a$$e$ off or B. are too stupid to comprehend what the store reps say
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 12:06 PM
Wow, It's really messed up that you guys are bashing us. I personally tell customers about activation fee and they usually say I'll call up and agrue with them they'll take it off. You guys should know that customers would lie to get their way. I can't stand CS reps that tells customers to go into the store to work magic. We cannot do every thing, just like you can't. Stop sending customers to the store to return things without return authorization, and ask questions if they got the phone from radioshack tell them to go back to RS.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 12:34 PM
Wait... you gripe at someone for griping about a store rep, then bash CS in return?

So basically, you open the statement with how you feel it's 'messed up' that he was complaining about Store Reps telling customers to call CS for Act waivers, or not noting an account with the waiver. Then you turn around and complain about CS sending you returns that aren't authorized. But right in the middle is this :

MizzSprint said:
You guys should know that customers would lie to get their way.

This also applies to customers being lazy.

My point is, don't say how it's messed up when someone talks about a negative experience that happened against someone else in your same position. Obviously it has nothing t...
(continues)
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 12:42 PM
Dude!

They said their share I'm going to say mine. First of all they're insulting us saying does Sprint hire anybody to work in the stores. Don't complain about store reps if you don't wanna hear aything about ur fellow CSR. We can go back in fourth sweetie, I'm entitled to state my opinion. It seems dumb for me to say how I feel but it was okay for the other person to say whatever they wanted? GET OUT OF HERE SERIOUSLY! Don't point fingers if you don't wanna see it get pointed back. I guess u got offended because you were one of those people that send customers to the store without the forms.
Chaos

Mar 22, 2008, 12:47 PM
I do my job. I expect others to do the same. It just so happens that 80% of wireless employees (COR/CSR, AT&T/Altell/Sprint/etc) Don't give a F*ck about the job they have. I look at it like this. For COR, its commision. For CSR, just being lazy, not actually giving a damn.

Problem solved.
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 12:57 PM
I agree with Chaos, it sucks when people don't do their job and it makes mine harder and stressful. If a customer recieves a phone and it's the wrong phone usually they call in, So if you know they aren't satisfied get them to the right department so they can get that form then come into the store.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 1:02 PM
Did you even READ all of my post? If you were truly concerned about being "insulted", do you deny that store reps tell customers they can have the Act fee waived, and then don't notate it? If you read all my post, you would see that I agreed CSR's are usually way more stupid.

Also, why did you bother stating it was your opinion? Well no shi*. Who's else's would it be? YOU typed it. Since this subject of opinions was brought up by you , am I not entitled to my OWN opinion? Or are you worried that my opinion will eat yours?

I never said you can't have your own opinion

What I said was that it's stupid of you to bash CS reps WHEN YOUR ORIGINAL STATEMENT WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT THEM BASHING STORE REPS. ("We can go back in fourth s...
(continues)
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 1:23 PM
I never said no store reps made mistakes ur getting on me because I stated my opinion and a fact on whats going on in the store u don't like it don't comment on it. Don't get mad at me because I said yes it's messed up that the person generalized all the reps
OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 1:40 PM
MizzSprint said:
Wow, It's really messed up that you guys are bashing us.

MizzSprint said:I can't stand CS reps that tells customers to go into the store to work magic. We cannot do every thing, just like you can't. Stop sending customers to the store to return things without return authorization, and ask questions if they got the phone from radioshack tell them to go back to RS.

And again with the "opinions"
And yet again, you assuming I'm getting mad.

So lets get this right...
MizzSprint said: Don't get mad at me because I said yes it's messed up that the person generalized all the reps

And then...
MizzSprin
(continues)
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 11:22 AM
for those who think this implies to EVERY STORE REP! it does not impy this in my message. and yes... i was never denying we have plenty of stupid csr reps. im not calling anyone stupid specifically,although it does to a point come off that way in my subject. i was just requesting somethings u all(but not all) do with customers. u all know that there are plenty of reps in the stores, that do every one of these things. all im asking is for people to do what they are supposed to and not do what they shouldnt do when they know its only going to cause problems! trust me. when i end up speaking with a csr rep, or see what one did incorrectly on an acct,. i am the first to notify someone to ensure they know what they are doing and how not to make t...
(continues)
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 1:39 PM
You've never seen my name on this forum because I just started posting. Anyway WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MATTER? Do u feel like u owe me something because u took up for retail reps? I decided to sign up because of people who are ridiculous. Yes, I made it known that I have my own opinion because u stated me saying something about CS was dumb. If I feel the way I feel then that's how I feel. I don't care about you being able to "EAT" anything. Honestly like I said I can do this all day.

I never said retail was any better but if you wanna talk about retail like dogs and not expect anything back you're dreaming. I think it's dumb that people make my job harder because they can't do theirs, and that includes everybody every department.

S...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 1:42 PM
MizzSprint said:
SO LET ME CLEAR IT UP 4 U since ur so stuck on the same thing( me saying it's wrong to bash people with my job description) I said it's wrong to bash the reps YES BECAUSE I WAS GENERALIZED! If you had a problem with a retail rep u make that known about THAT particular person, don't put me in a generalized group because that person EFF'D UP. Don't make it seem like every retail rep doesn't do their job. Quite honestly I do mine very well excluding the BS customer service and 3rd party stores puts on me.

MizzSprint said:I can't stand CS reps that tells customers to go into the store to work magic. We cannot do every thing, just like you can't. Stop sending customers to t
(continues)
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 2:01 PM
If u read u would see that I said I can't CR that do those particular things. I didn't say I can't stand CR because they send customers in the store without the right forms.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 2:11 PM
My point is that you are/were/whatever upset that one person GENERALIZED Sprint Store Reps right?

MizzSprint said: Stop sending customers to the store to return things without return authorization, and ask questions if they got the phone from radioshack tell them to go back to RS.

That is called a generalization. You, based on YOUR statement, are saying that all CSR's send customer back to Store Reps without Return Authorization Forms(whatever those are).

My argument here is that you get generalized as a Sprint Agent and get upset about it, but then turn around in the SAME post and generalize CSR's. If this is not what you meant, then fine. But don't use words that mean one thing when you meant something completely diffrent. This i...
(continues)
Chaos

Mar 22, 2008, 2:15 PM
The word 'hypocritical' might've been easier. Not cutting anybody, I stand by my previous post. But the one word answer would have made it easier.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 2:34 PM
The reason I didn't use the word 'hypocritical' is because most store reps can't communicate using words more than 3 syllables. The really funny thing is though all the CSR's that are reading this part of the post, I bet more than 70% of them are thinking that hypocritical might be something they see when they go to the zoo.
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 2:43 PM
Wow that really wasn't called for. Really it wasn't called for.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 2:52 PM
Humor has MANY definitions. Of these are included (will include a sentence using it to help with the context of the word) :

1. The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; funniness: Could not see the humor of the situation.

2. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: A writer skilled at crafting humor.

3. The ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is amusing, comical, incongruous, or absurd. See Synonyms at wit.

4. A comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement: The humor of a situation.

5. The faculty of perceiving what is amusing or comical: She is completely without humor.

6. An instance of being or attempting to be comical or amusing; something humorous: The humor in his joke e...
(continues)
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 11:29 AM
hehe.. i thought it was funny.. although. lucky for me. the one who started it all. i know the meaning of hypocritical. so im good. but really funny. but u do have a point. there are some stupid csr reps as well. i may have been to quick to title my subject but i was agitated. but i still stand by my statements as far as how much easier it would be if store reps did not do the things i listed.
spazeying

Mar 23, 2008, 12:08 PM
Man, I had an idea one time regarding that subject on how to improve the store reps misinformations to our customers which results in bad customer service. I believe Sprint should hav a traveling rep to ensure that all retailers will give unifrom information and if they wish to give credits on activation or upgrade fee, they should do it on the spot. I will save our customer the aggrevation. Our goal is to make them happy. The store reprensenatative should also put their customer's need instead of worrying on their commision. The comission will take in place if the customer is well educated prior to doing business. I love my job and don't mind helping customers on their issues, but when the issue is a result of the agents negligience i...
(continues)
justiN0six

Mar 21, 2008, 8:38 PM
Anyone can work for AT&T's customer care. No training required.
SoCalVDub

Mar 22, 2008, 12:50 PM
DUDE ... SERIOUSLY, GET OVER YOURSELF !!! 😈

We deal with the same BS here in corporate stores FROM THIRD PARTY DEALERS ok !!! Sprint apparently LOVES third party dealers so just get used to it ... dont complain on a message board but TO YOUR HIGHER PEERS !!! For some reason Sprint wants to focus on "superior customer service" but have no clue that the shadiest people are working behind them and making the matters worse ... you signed on for the job so again DEAL WITH IT. When you work for corporate now it seems as THIS IS YOUR PRIMARY job ... again clean up the SHADY third party BS (it saves Sprint money as they can sell our phones for less than HALF of what corporate sells them for and gets them acts while corporate doesnt take...
(continues)
donkey_kong86

Mar 22, 2008, 12:54 PM
but i agree you on this one. i mean i work in a dept for sprint that deals with b/s like this. for example a cust. bill will be high due to the previous agents/store reps mistake. all i do is correct it so it doesnt happen again. i mean dude that b/s happens everyday. you knew the perks of the job before you signed on for it so get some balls and deal with it or just quit. pure and simple.
StarryNight

Mar 22, 2008, 1:11 PM
Here we go again. Care Vs. Store, Round 4,612...*dingding* FIGHT!

Okay, in all seriousness, we've both hired our fair share of morons. I, personally, am a retail rep who prides herself on telling my customers E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G they might need to know, and a lot of things they don't. I'm sure there are plenty of Care/NSS/Whoever reps who do the same. Just like there are also PLENTY of reps in both channels who are completely incompetent. It's just the nature of the game.

So WHY are we splitting hairs over it? I think I can safely say that the MAJORITY of people I've heard speak on this site have been fairly intelligent, and responsible in their jobs. Can phonescoopers just be void of judgement for five minutes? Frick. 🙄
Chaos

Mar 22, 2008, 2:18 PM
Thank you.
donkey_kong86

Mar 22, 2008, 3:16 PM
at least somebody around here can agree to disagree about something sheesh!!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.