Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

For people that work at kiosk

number1sunna

Mar 18, 2008, 10:02 AM
Do people actually by service and phones from kiosk? Why wouldn't people just go to a store?
computerking

Mar 18, 2008, 10:06 AM
yes, my kiosk is in a grocery store and we do on average 60-80 lines per month and a few thousand in accessories
eljeffe666

Mar 18, 2008, 10:08 AM
holy crap so is ur kiosk like a division of a store thats close by or just by itself
computerking

Mar 18, 2008, 10:12 AM
agent, only location; the next store is corporate about 5ish miles away

We also serve a good hand full of business customers within the 50 line mart each and one much larger.

We pride our selfs in A+ customer service.
computerking

Mar 18, 2008, 10:13 AM
"50 line mark"
eljeffe666

Mar 18, 2008, 10:15 AM
so u ever done a 50 line act yet then 😎
computerking

Mar 18, 2008, 10:20 AM
yes 😁
eljeffe666

Mar 18, 2008, 10:28 AM
that would be nice dude

just wondering how much commission do u get from a sale like that
number1sunna

Mar 18, 2008, 10:21 AM
What type of people do you sell service to? I'm guessing it all prepaid. I thought people went to kiosk to buy cool lights for a phone.
number1sunna

Mar 18, 2008, 10:36 AM
What is wrong with you. Move on little man
eljeffe666

Mar 18, 2008, 10:38 AM
what do u mean???
number1sunna

Mar 18, 2008, 10:40 AM
I mean STOP being annoying and get a life.
eljeffe666

Mar 18, 2008, 10:45 AM
how am i being annoying
aavera

Mar 18, 2008, 11:57 AM
I work in a kiosk in the mall. We do pretty good here for being in a small town.

People buy from a kiosk as opposed to a store for a variety of reasons. They are already in the mall taking care of other things, doing other shopping and it's less of a hassle to stop by here than to go into a store. Most of the time there is less of a wait at the kiosks than there is at the stores. We pride ourselves on our product knowelege and customer service and we have a large base of regular customers that deal with us.
eljeffe666

Mar 18, 2008, 12:12 PM
well the thing with working in a kiosk too is especially in a mall u are gonna have a lot of ppl that would normally not go into a store that walk by stop and look
greenteajunkie

Mar 18, 2008, 12:40 PM
Yup. and its not that bad. 42 acts, 36 ups last month. Just me.
TeamAzul

Mar 18, 2008, 12:58 PM
I want to know where people got the impression that a Store can do more for them than a Kiosk. With the exception of a place to sit, we can do the same if not better. A lot of our customer base is people who are fed-up from being mis-treated at a COR. Which isnt to say is completely their fault, they have a ton of customers...it would be insanely hard to please every single one...
Wyldchylde

Mar 19, 2008, 2:03 PM
Yes lots of people do

They come here because our corporate store always has a huge wait time, we are just a sales location so we don't have that here. Given that, we have more time to engage the customer and attain their trust.

I used to work at our corporate store, I know how it is over there vs working here.
coolestguyinsa

Mar 19, 2008, 8:00 PM
I also used to work for a corporate store, and now I'm at a kiosk. I did not think I would like it at first, but here are some pros about it. When you are working at a corporate store typically there are 10 plus reps all fighting for the same sale. Where as in a kiosk usually its only myself, I get all the sales for that day. Some people who buy at a kiosk its an impulse buy thats where the salesperson has to come out and take over to close the sale.

Since I started in Nov 07 I have hit between 120% to 169% over my quota. Once again the reason, less reps more opportunity for me to close. End of the month comes party time.

Cheers
cellphoneguy26

Mar 22, 2008, 4:00 PM
well i think its cause some people are impulse shoppers and sometimes dont even know they are getting a phone till they see us and think "maybe i should get a phone" so there is reasoning to go to a kiosk not to mention the great customer! 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.