Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Coworkers...

Betherfer

Mar 15, 2008, 3:14 PM
So... a customer comes into the store with a huge bill. She points at my coworker and advises "thats who set up my account for me."

She explains that there is something wrong with the bill and she is paying too much.

I take a look at it with her.

My coworker has added two 39.99 nation plans instead of secondary lines to the already primary line of the 700 min shared plan.

Not having access to billing, I call it in to see if we can get it fixed. She did this back in January.

They begin advising me that it is my store that set up this account like this and that it was done on purpose. The rep begins asking many questions about why it was set up like that so I tell her that the girl who set it up is right here and that I w...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Mar 15, 2008, 3:42 PM
You didn't pawn off a customer's problem on her, you had her fix her own problem. Would it have been fair for you to sit on hold fixing her problem while she made more sales? Hell no. She screwed up and she needs to fix it.

As far as the tension goes, call her out on her hissy fit. Tell her to grow up and take some responibility, she should only be mad at herself and not you. She won't like it nor listen, but you'll still be right.
yumyum10

Mar 15, 2008, 3:45 PM
i agree.. u did the right thing.. 😉
TeamAzul

Mar 15, 2008, 4:15 PM
She should be promoted to customer 😁 She already acts like one.
Betherfer

Mar 15, 2008, 4:59 PM
Thanks guys. I thought I had done the right thing, but how could someone get so angry over something like that? I have never put my problems off on anyone that I work with and I have been doing this for a very long time. I just needed to make sure I didn't screw up.
PhoneyName

Mar 15, 2008, 5:49 PM
She probably knew she screwed up and was embarrassed about it. The only way some people know how to deal with these things is to get overly defensive and take it out on someone else.
spazeying

Mar 15, 2008, 5:51 PM
You're right. If the individual is not humble, the reaction would be just like what you said.
honeysuckle03

Mar 15, 2008, 6:42 PM
precisely.. 🙂

she needs someone to take the blame.. 🙂
ac4321

Mar 15, 2008, 6:08 PM
In those situations, I take it to a manager as soon as I see that something like that happened. Then, the manager brings it to the other rep and it's between them and the customer, not me and them and the customer.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.