Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

best phones

vreaper

Mar 6, 2008, 6:01 PM
alright, what's everybody's opinions. what is the best phone available on each of the big 5? i'd say the iphone and the voyager would take att and vzw respectively, but what about sprextel, t-mo, and alltel? opinions? facts to support a persuasive arguement?
eljeffe666

Mar 6, 2008, 6:08 PM
i think the nokia 6300 should deff be in that list
sckoisks17

Mar 7, 2008, 9:22 AM
Sprint - I've had a lot of success with Sanyo's Katana II/DLX, and Samsung's Upstage and Lumina. The Palm Centro is up there, too.

Alltel - Samsung Hue, without a doubt. Maybe the Moto ROKR Z6 if you don't like Samsung products.
porkchop12

Mar 7, 2008, 3:00 PM
For sprint I love the musiq-the FM transmitter is awesome!
labellavita

Mar 7, 2008, 9:27 PM
the upstage is a piece of sh!t. the only person who should carry that phone is a 13 year old girl who doesnt care who much a pain in the ass it is to use because it's cute
ac4321

Mar 8, 2008, 4:03 PM
labellavita said:
the upstage is a piece of sh!t. the only person who should carry that phone is a 13 year old girl who doesnt care who much a pain in the ass it is to use because it's cute

^^ This is true. Usability is horrible on the Upstage.
poweredup

Mar 7, 2008, 3:13 PM
cdm-120,150 and 160 oh and i loved the lg 225 😁
BigShowJB

Mar 7, 2008, 5:40 PM
smarta$s...
BigShowJB

Mar 7, 2008, 5:43 PM
you forgot about the LG150&160
BigShowJB

Mar 7, 2008, 5:43 PM
I'll agree that the voyager is a contender for top phone. but VZW's disabling of third party features would make me want to go with a Mogul (WiFi) on Sprint
vreaper

Mar 8, 2008, 1:51 PM
good point, i'll give ya that one
SoCalVDub

Mar 8, 2008, 2:56 PM
Sprint - HTC "Touch" AKA "Vogue/6900" ... with the amount of third party apps and touch screen its the hands down winner (Check out Money magazines Feb issue where they rated it the highest ... an A+ over the iPhones A-).

As far as Sprints clam shell division the Sanyo M1 hands down wins it (just unfortunate they did not market the phone correctly). Hope this helps.
- SoCal
ac4321

Mar 8, 2008, 3:58 PM
For a phone called the "Touch," the touch screen leaves a lot to be desired. It is nowhere near as responsive or intuitive as an iPhone or iPod Touch, and not even on par with a Treo. I'm not sure if that has to do with the screen itself or the general laggish nature of WM, but it is what it is. That makes data entry on the thing a PITA. For just using it as a phone or media player, however, it's nice.
SoCalVDub

Mar 8, 2008, 4:23 PM
Its all personal preference really. I have absolutely no problems with the touch screen and actually like that its not as sensitive as the iPhone (but again personal preferance ... plus you can adjust the sensitivity with a simple reg edit if you really wanted to). Data entry really isnt a PITA as the Spb Fullscreen keyboard makes for a very friendly touch screen experience.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.