show all 12 replies

"I Lost My Phone."

hardcorehavok

Mar 4, 2008, 2:54 PM
R = Me
C = Customer
CS = Customer's son

R - Hello. How can I help you?

C - My son lost his cell phone. Can we just buy a new one?

R - Yes, ma'am. However, you'd have to pay full price.

C - Okay. Well, what is full price?

R - The phones start at $190.

C - $190! But I got mine for $22!

R - Yes, ma'am. But that was with a contract.

C - Why do we need a new contract? We have one.

R - When you sign a contract, you get a discount on a phone. However, you can only resign every 18 months.

C - Can we buy a phone at Walmart?

R - Yes, ma'am. Anywhere you buy it, it will be full price though.

C - Well, that's not fair. Isn't there a customer...Maybe it would help to call customer service.

CS - Customer service co...
(continues)
freedomcapcity

Mar 4, 2008, 3:47 PM
some people's kids 🙄
hardcorehavok

Mar 4, 2008, 5:41 PM
The "kid" was in his 20s.
vreaper

Mar 6, 2008, 11:09 AM
how's this one, mom and her son walk in. mom says the kid is 16. he looks like he's 26 and a damn offensive lineman. he acts like he's 6.

his chocolate is broken, but he has insurance so he can get a new one. but that's not good enough.

he's eligable for upgrade in 10 days so he can pay the discounted price on any phone he chooses at that time. but THAT's not good enough.

so even though this guy has lots of options available he's still pestering, and whining to his mom that he wants to buy the u740 for full retail. his mother tries to tell him what a retard he is and that they should just wait a little while. he literally turns into a 6-year-old: "but i want it noooooow!"

not an exageration in any way. this message was a...
(continues)
greenteajunkie

Mar 4, 2008, 5:12 PM
Always remember that the customer ALWAYS knows more than we do. (sarcasm).
BigShowJB

Mar 5, 2008, 1:30 PM
tough sh!+
traegon

Mar 5, 2008, 3:39 PM
This is why I always tell customers it's idiocy to not have insurance on their phone 🙂 Much better to pay 50$ to Asurion than another 499$ for your spiffy phone. 🤣
freedomcapcity

Mar 5, 2008, 5:29 PM
i dont understand why they are so pissed when i tell them its $5/mo. they act like i just told them its $100/mo for insurance. but then they will let their kids txt 2000 msgs a month without a txt plan and not care about the overages. the general public is stupid as all hell
hardcorehavok

Mar 6, 2008, 10:29 AM
I've noticed that a lot of customers decline insurance because they feel they will never use it. I have had so many customers stand in front of me and do the math.

C - Well, it's $5 a month plus a $50 deductable. Hmm. If I have it a year and use it once, it would be $110. If I have it two years and use it once, it would be $170. If I have it and never use it, I'd be paying between $60 and $120 for nothing.

I've also had people who have paid for insurance for years and never had to file a claim. Then, they remove it because it is "a waste of money" and the next thing you know, they've lost or broken their new phone.

Insurance is like that. I pay $100 a month for car insurance and may never file a claim. It sucks, but that is how it w...
(continues)
newtothis30

Mar 6, 2008, 10:37 AM
How old are the phones you get when you have to use your insurance?
hardcorehavok

Mar 6, 2008, 1:41 PM
Huh? You can add insurance within the first 30 days of a new activation or upgrade. You can use it anytime from there on out, but only twice in a year. I think I understand what you are saying. If I break / lose my phone after only 2 months, I will have only paid $10 premium and a $50 deductable. However, most customers do not see it this way. They see it as a waste of money until they need it.
freedomcapcity

Mar 7, 2008, 12:17 PM
and then they bitch that their $30 phone is actually $300 and why should they have paid a $50 deductible plus premiums for a $30 phone. people are cheap and stupid. i love it when they bring in a broken phone and when i ask if they have insurance, they say "no, but i want to add it on now" 🙄
yea ok, lemme do that for you...ummmmm....no!
try wrecking your car and then asking an insurance company to give you insurance on the car you just destroyed,they wont do it, so why should we?
i love how people think the cell phone industry is completely different from everything else in life and they should get everything from us for free or extremely cheap. the whole the customer is always right bull is going to their heads and they think they c...
(continues)
Wyldchylde

Mar 7, 2008, 12:21 PM
You mean the replacement phones that you end up getting?

It's generally a reconditioned model of the same phone, a new model of the same phone if they're out of reconditioned ones or a reconditioned phone of the next comparable model if they don't have yours in stock.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.