Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

Which carrier do you work for? (long)

talia

Mar 1, 2008, 10:17 PM
Which wireless carrier do you work for? and why? I work for Sprint retentions and I chose to work for Sprint because the pay me more than ATT (when it was Cingular) did. I live in VA and the cost of living is high, so I needed a higher paying job. WhenI was working for ATT, it was the actual ATT call center it was West Corporation (third party call center) that didn't pay much and I couldn't find a call center near me for ATT and the Verizon call center that is in driving distance is third party also and they don't pay much...I love working for Sprint and working in the wireless world. I would work for any carrier if they paid me good anyway.

For those that respond, please just answer the question and not overboard the thread with negati...
(continues)
honeysuckle03

Mar 1, 2008, 10:21 PM
i work for sprint customer care and they pay well..its just taht the tax here in our country cuts our salary in half..
talia

Mar 1, 2008, 10:47 PM
What country are you from?
honeysuckle03

Mar 1, 2008, 10:51 PM
somewhere in asia.. 😁
ac4321

Mar 1, 2008, 10:59 PM
India or the Philippines...
😛

I work for Sprint retail in the US.
honeysuckle03

Mar 1, 2008, 11:01 PM
phil.. 😁

in which state?
spazebar

Mar 2, 2008, 11:13 AM
My wife is from Cebu and we work Sprint Customer Care here in Florida
honeysuckle03

Mar 2, 2008, 12:45 PM
really..fascinating!!

😁
traegon

Mar 5, 2008, 6:01 AM
I work for both Sprint Care and Finance, Ensemble (gag) and Premiere, though we are a Vendor center, not an actual 'sprint' center. I do wish I worked directly for an actual Sprint center as they do pay well. 🙂

I dont mind it.. i'm pretty knowlegable about the whole thing at this point. About the only thing I dont deal with is equipment and cancellations.
justiN0six

Mar 3, 2008, 8:59 PM
I work for EGS (AT&T) -- outsourced.. And it actually pays the best out of all but 1 call center in this city.. which doesnt mean a whole lot but it's very decent pay for the ammount of work put in. Far above the average pay here for the cost of living.
cnightwolf

Mar 3, 2008, 9:14 PM
well ...

i work for eGS (AT&T outsource)
i started working for eGS mainly `cuz the pay was pretty competetive compared to the other call centers in my immediate area.
... hm ... was actually takin a look at convergys (sp?) that apparantly does customer support for virgin mobile, which i'm friggin gaga over

dunno what kinda feedback i was supposed to put with this post
and i'm starting to wonder why i started typing at all ........

-_-;
ucantbeserious

Mar 3, 2008, 9:23 PM
your all kindsa burnt out arent you haha
ucantbeserious

Mar 3, 2008, 9:21 PM
how come every time i have to call customer service and i get someone in the philip. YOU ALL NEVER EVER DEVIATE FROM THE SCRIPT you sound like robots. I can ask you how your day is going and the answer ill get is, " im sorry about that ms. ****** ill take care of that right now".... wtf???!?!?!?! or when i ask you to do something i KNOW is possible, and tell you i work in sales support so i know exactly what your looking at you lie and tell me its not possible or its not there... ahhhhh sorry i just have to rant..
cnightwolf

Mar 3, 2008, 9:48 PM
duuuude lol

dunno bout other carriers,
but take for instance at&t

most departments (sales, customer care, warranty, online orders, insurance, in store, etc.) use more than one program/system to help them perform their job. sometimes they use completely different systems all together. what i see on my screen here in warranty, may not be what's on screen in customer care, or the in store systems.
ucantbeserious

Mar 3, 2008, 9:59 PM
thats understandable, but before i worked in nss i worked in regular customer care, so i do know what they can and cant do.
labellavita

Mar 3, 2008, 10:22 PM
I'm at a Sprint corporate store as a sales rep, used to be at a Verizon corporate as a tech. Verizon paid almost 3x what I make now for sales but the enviroment was too much for me. I'm all for competition but outright sales stealing and managers who will literally scream at you is not my style. Everyone there was crazy, I was drinking 3-5 full throttles a day, plus someone made a Starbucks run about once an hour. It was like a scene out of that movie Boiler Room. It was absolute chaos. Now I'm at a store which averages about 5 customers an hour, as opposed to having a line to the door all day everyday. It has it's advantages to be at a more calm store but sometimes I miss the hustle
ucantbeserious

Mar 3, 2008, 10:32 PM
ummm huh??? what does that have to do with the philip. call center reps>
honeysuckle03

Mar 3, 2008, 10:39 PM
yeah..been wondering about that too.. 🙂
labellavita

Mar 4, 2008, 3:03 PM
the original post was what carrier do you work for, I just replied to the wrong topic. man some of you phonescoopers can be real b-i-t-c-h-e-s. Thanks for the forum policing this place would be a real mess without your brave and determined efforts
ucantbeserious

Mar 5, 2008, 3:06 PM
i wasnt trying to be mean when i asked what that had to do with overseas call centers.. sorry if you took it the wrong way.
agent smith

Mar 4, 2008, 7:28 PM
negative thoughts in the forum?

pish posh

pure tomfoolery
Wireless Gnome

Mar 5, 2008, 12:13 PM
Hey Talia! I too work for Sprint corporate in one of their remaining retail stores as a RC (one step below a LRC). Sprint may have been the last to market with Simply Everything, but at least we give unlimited data with our plan and don't cap it like at&t and Verizon Wireless. 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.