Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

There is no such department as WEBMATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justiN0six

Feb 27, 2008, 9:13 PM
It is so outragously frustrating when a customer is transfered from customer care and they were informed that "WE CAN MATCH THE WEB PRICES!" On the AT&T website it says that the prices are ONLINE ONLY OFFERS!!

So please, customer care, STOP TELLING THE CUSTOMERS THAT WE MATCH WEBPRICES. And I'm almost positive that at this point- you know EXACTLY which department I work in.
Chaos

Feb 27, 2008, 9:17 PM
I have an idea, and I agree with you. I take many, many escalated calls over this, even back over in CC.
justiN0six

Feb 27, 2008, 9:47 PM
I dont understand why big blue doesn't just update everyone. It's rediculous.
cnightwolf

Feb 28, 2008, 3:56 PM
hahaha wooo

customer care ftw
oldtimer_sprint

Feb 28, 2008, 10:05 PM
When in doubt, transfer out. 🤣
freedomcapcity

Feb 29, 2008, 10:04 AM
i hardly doubt its a matter of the employee knowing whats going on or not, i would assume its more so that the CC person/people dont want to deal with the customer so they pawn them off on someone else. happened to me all the time when i did tech support for embarq. if a cust service rep either didnt know the answer or just plain didnt want to deal with the customer, or didnt want to say no, they would just cold trans them to me. do your job people
justiN0six

Feb 29, 2008, 3:26 PM
Honestly, many of them seem uneducated. I cant stand it when I feel like I'm talking to the ghetto hotline. I say that if you're gonna be on the frontlines of a half-way professional job, you should at least try to sound it.
cnightwolf

Feb 29, 2008, 3:43 PM
ghetto hotline duuuude

a lot of the calls i get from care come from a sharonda or some such, who sighs and grunts a lot - and sounds like she's in just the most horrible place in the world

where's the good ol welcome to goodburger, home of the goodburger, can i take your order?
justiN0six

Feb 29, 2008, 3:46 PM
hahahahahahahaha

That's exactly what I'm talkin about... Talkin to their friend on the side - not even caring whether or not they tap that, so hard to reach, mute button.
cnightwolf

Feb 29, 2008, 5:55 PM
yeah, some people are lucky enough to be able to use the mute button

if you get caught using that thing around here you get 10 lashes and they take your first born 😢
justiN0six

Feb 29, 2008, 6:02 PM
What are you talkin about? Aren't you in warranty? I used the hell out of it all the time lol.
cnightwolf

Feb 29, 2008, 6:24 PM
lol yeah ... i try to when i can
but quite a few of the sups over here have a big problem with people using the mute button

seriously, like using it's gonna give their mom cancer or something

how did you knwo i was from warranty?
i could be from sales you know

which i'm not

but i could be
justiN0six

Feb 29, 2008, 9:13 PM
You said that you were warranty at one time.. I dont remember which post but I'm pretty sure you did 😎

Yes I remember now.. You said you were warranty.. and i said i use to be.. and hated it-- now im in sales ^ ^
justiN0six

Feb 29, 2008, 9:17 PM
i forgot to answer your question previously also.. You asked where Minot was..

It's in the insanely populated state of North Dakota.
cnightwolf

Feb 29, 2008, 9:18 PM
yeah, likely story

^_^;;

lmao

i suppsoe i did

so ... sales is on the other side of my building ... what all do you guys do over there? and is it like ... outbound? brrr
justiN0six

Feb 29, 2008, 9:26 PM
Mainly inbound... Our main goal is to get the customers on a new 2 year agreement..

But we also get sales for like adding feature like a msging packing which gets they charged for every month and such..

You must be in Rio then right? I think Minot and Rio are the only centers that do sales anymore for egs..

As far as outbound goes- we just call about like overages and such.. like going over their minutes. Then we also have campaigns where we call them and try to get them to upgrade if they haven't upgraded in like... 3+ years ya know lol.. nothin to extreme.

It's an easy job.
justiN0six

Feb 29, 2008, 9:36 PM
lol guess i wasn't paying much attention when typing that ... wooo typo typo typo what the hell is a msging packing? lol
cnightwolf

Feb 29, 2008, 9:40 PM
yeah man i'm from rio
... was thinking of trying to get into sales, but i'm so offput by doing random outbound calls that i never even thought to ask about it

but yeah, that sounds pretty cake
i imagine you get like bonuses and whatnot for getting sales/added shtuff to account?

yeah ... and i never found out where the hell minot is o_O

wee bit tired are we?
cnightwolf

Feb 29, 2008, 9:46 PM
and on a side note,
i just did my first *ever* transfer to hed in minot! oddities....
justiN0six

Feb 29, 2008, 9:48 PM
lolol... Its in the middle of north dakota.. inbetween minnesota and montana ;)

It's a real eazy job.. Once you get good at it there's way more money in sales than warranty. Commission is based on utilization/conversion.
Conversion meaning how many calls you made sales versus how many calls you took lol. If nothing else its tonz less stressful.
cnightwolf

Feb 29, 2008, 9:58 PM
yeah probably ...

but don't you get like ... fired ... for not reaching a certain quota per day/week/month?

north dakota? psshhhhhhh lame

j/k XD
justiN0six

Feb 29, 2008, 10:11 PM
lol ive never heard of anyone gettin fired.. its to easy to do that bad...

and yes nd is lame lol.
Hombre07

Feb 29, 2008, 12:22 AM
It's equally frustrating when they send someone on a nice long drive to my agent store for a free sim card, warranty exchange (past 30 days and not from my store), match online pricing, swap device for wrong one mailed to them, and cash bill payments.
cc

Feb 29, 2008, 2:50 PM
AGREED!!!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.