Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 25 replies

To My Coworker

ac4321

Feb 22, 2008, 3:37 PM
I understand it is frustrating that your new phone's internet and other services are not working. However, it would be appreciated for you to call tech support about this on your own time, not at work where it causes customers to be helped more slowly, and causes work to be shifted to your coworkers.

In addition, I don't appreciate that you think the rest of us just take it for granted that you spend half the day on the phone with tech support while we pick up the slack.

Besides this, I really wonder why you had the phone exchanged for this issue a day or so ago, something you should have known was not hardware related as it has happened to several customers and a even fellow coworker. Replacing a phone for that issue just pushes the...
(continues)
kwikfix

Feb 22, 2008, 4:14 PM
I have a few words for a coworker of mine as well. I understand that your boots that you plan on wearing tomorrow night are very important to you, however, taking them to be repaired and cleaned while you're clocked in does not make me or anyone else here happy. This is especially true when you failed to come in on time in the first place. You wasted your half hour lunch being a half hour late so your boots can either wait until 5pm or tomorrow...when you're OFF.

Also, as a staff we are required to wear polos or sweaters with the company logo. A ratty old sweater with a brand name stamped across your chest does not qualify. Neither does subjecting your coworkers or your customers to your disgusting, sagging, acne and stretch mark cov...
(continues)
BigShowJB

Feb 22, 2008, 4:30 PM
i thought you were talking to a guy until the acne part .....

i think i just threw up in my mouth a little
labellavita

Feb 22, 2008, 6:03 PM
snap son. I have a little rant of my own about some one a little higher up than a coworker. You literally get paid about twice as much as me yet you sit on your ass all day and do nothing. Seriously it's become an office joke that your ass may have fused to your office chair because you literally never leave it. It's gotten to the point where when your gone we sit around and try to figure out what exactly it is you do around here because you dont do jack. all you do is sit in your office like it's your throne and make our lives miserable. you set up ridiculous rules and expect us to follow them while you cannot even follow standard procedures yourself. you think you are all high and mighty but we all think you are a joke. everything ...
(continues)
GettingItDone01

Feb 23, 2008, 6:34 PM
wow do you work for my ex manager?? you described him to a T...
vreaper

Feb 24, 2008, 2:12 PM
alright pal, i don't care how awesome your other job is, when you're here, YOU WORK HERE! you clean, you handle simple transactions and processes neccessary to satisfy the customer with their cellular experience. yes, as tedious as that sounds that does mean talking on the phone to data suport to help customers, not simply giving up or passing the buck to someone else. and why don't you try comming in to work on time every once and a while.
ReaperTut

Feb 22, 2008, 4:43 PM
To my co-workers,

DO YOUR JOB!! instead of complaining about company policies or that your being treated unfairly, don't put more work on us other workers, cause your trying to stick it to the man. man up. do what your paid to do. i have my grievences, but i take care of them in a professional manner when confronted at work. on my own time, well, thats another story. but when your on the clock. try to avoid doing things that you could be doin on your own time, on your time. because of this, those of us who are tryni to be that team member leaving our station to help you at the store, and then its not something you need another person for. argghh.. i've lost atleast 40 minutes of floor time, and you took my customer. i don't care that yuo...
(continues)
ac4321

Feb 22, 2008, 5:02 PM
They took your chairs?
๐Ÿ˜ฒ

They talked about doing this to us a while ago until we let them know that we would all have our doctors give us documentation requiring access to a chair at our work stations. They dropped the subject after that.
๐Ÿคฃ
ac4321

Feb 23, 2008, 10:40 AM
It is unfortunate that your phone still isn't working after all you did yesterday, the day before, and the day before that. However, it really isn't endearing to the group for you to come in today and again call tech support the very first thing.

Look, your issue isn't something that can be fixed over the phone. It simply isn't and all of your time and experience here should have let you know this. Maybe it's like when someone can give great relationship advice to others but can't see the writing on the wall for his own life...

Either way, calling and calling and calling is not going to fix the issue. There's no sense in repeating ad infinitum the basic troubleshooting steps that have no relevance to your situation, while causing y...
(continues)
ac4321

Feb 23, 2008, 10:45 AM
It is unfortunate that your phone still isn't working after all you did yesterday, the day before, and the day before that. However, it really isn't endearing to the group for you to come in today and again call tech support the very first thing.

Look, your issue isn't something that can be fixed over the phone. It simply isn't and all of your time and experience here should have let you know this. Maybe it's like when someone can give great relationship advice to others but can't see the writing on the wall for his own life...

Either way, calling and calling and calling is not going to fix the issue. There's no sense in repeating ad infinitum the basic troubleshooting steps that have no relevance to your situation. Call, have a t...
(continues)
phonemechanic

Feb 23, 2008, 10:50 AM
Just out of curiosity, have you said any of this directly to your coworker instead of hoping that he or she reads your thread? ๐Ÿคจ
ac4321

Feb 23, 2008, 10:55 AM
Chances are that he/she won't be here much longer. Given that, it's now in the realm of just ignoring some things to make the more important ones go by as smoothly as possible. It's a 'pick your battles' type of thing.

The post here was just to vent, since he/she isn't on these forums, and encourage others to share similar stories.
๐Ÿ™‚
ImmixGuy

Feb 24, 2008, 3:25 PM
I have a list of things for you here. I just hope these will sink in for you.

1. When a person files an insurance claim, and pays the deductable, and you have told them they should receive their new phone with-in 3-5 days -- FILE THE CLAIM IMMEDIATELY. Do not leave it sit on MY desk the entire 3 days Im off, and still expect it to be processed on time - it wont be. And whats worse - is the customer is pissed because they dont have their phone yet, and you wonder why.....

your lesson learned should be: CLAIMS DONT FILE THEMSLEVES!!!!

2. Do not accuse me of stealing your sales. For one, that would have to imply that you have actually qualified a customer, worked through the plans with them, ran their credit, and notated the new accoun...
(continues)
labellavita

Feb 25, 2008, 12:56 PM
Dear self absorbed coworker,

I realize that you are incredibly self absorbed and you think the world revolves around you but what makes you think that I want to hear every agonizing detail of your life for 8 hours a day? Seriously do I care about how some girl called you a bitch(you deserved it) or about something your little sister did? No. And when I cut you off don't keep trying to bring it up. And also, because you cant seem to read people very well, customers dont care about your personal life either so please dont ask them a personal question so when they answer you can then tell them your life story for 25 minutes. It is not appropriate to tell a customer(that you have never met before today) about your baby daddy drama. They...
(continues)
ImmixGuy

Feb 25, 2008, 1:39 PM
WOW....you should come work with me, and Ill send my a** of a cowaorker to where you are. They seem like they were made for each other.
labellavita

Feb 25, 2008, 1:42 PM
I would gladly trade you as long as your dont say, "I have a quick question for you" every 5 minutes because you dont know how to do your job so you interrupt mine to ask insane questions. If that does not sound like you I am packing my sh!t, see you soon new work best friend ๐Ÿ˜
ImmixGuy

Feb 25, 2008, 1:49 PM
I say it...but only when I completely do not understand some whack ass policy ๐Ÿ˜
OfAMightDivine

Feb 24, 2008, 3:32 PM
Coworker #1. TAKE A SHOWER. You STINK. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about being lazy, but jeeze, there's a limit. Basic hygiene is something that you should look into. Spraying Axe (EW) all over yourself ever hour is not an excuse not to bathe properly. The fact that you spray this garbage all over yourself anyways indicates that you KNOW how you smell and are conscientiously trying to cover it up.

Coworker #2. You don't need to YELL INTO YOUR HEADSET ON EVERY CALL. You do know you can turn up the volume. You irritate MY customer when you are 15 FEET away from me. I know you're generally a loud talker, but try to tone it down.

Coworker #3. Back up off me when you talk to me. You don't need to be 3 inches from my face while discussing a...
(continues)
DE 2 Philly

Feb 25, 2008, 4:07 PM
Hahaha
youllneverknow

Feb 25, 2008, 1:26 PM
Dear Coworker,

1. It is not acceptable to sit on the sales side when you are supposed to be taking bill payments so that you can rack up accessory sales, and leave me with all of the bill pays.

2. Just because you are cute, does not mean it is acceptable to flirt with every customer. Its not professional.

3. Sometimes, I do know what I am talking about, you don't need to run to the manager every time you don't know something. I may have asked the same question.

4. I understand you have kids, but you need to find alternative care for them, having them sit in the break room is not cool.

Thanks.
labellavita

Feb 25, 2008, 1:40 PM
ooooohhhhhhh I have another one(I really hate the store I work at right now.)

Dear co-worker,

Just because you speak spanish(I live in a pre dominately Spanish speaking town which sucks for me) so you get more sales(once again by default) does not mean you can do whatever the fu*k you want. Good numbers is not an excuse for you to not know how to do simple things like look up a receipt or block text/data service. It's also not an excuse for you to be late over 30 mins 3 times in one week and when I question you about it DO NOT get snotty with me. Your numbers might be better than mine but I am above you for a reason. I would like to see your snotty little ignorant ass try to do inventory, end of day paperwork, dealing with angry cu...
(continues)
youllneverknow

Feb 25, 2008, 2:50 PM
Also, my dear coworker... just because you know how to do insurance claims, does not mean that you can sit in the payment side and take exclusivly insurance claims. You are a cashier and that is what you get paid to do. You cannot turn away people wanting to pay their bills.

And just because you are not doing your job, does not mean you should get an attitude with me when I do mine and don't talk to you instead.
ac4321

Feb 25, 2008, 3:59 PM
To another coworker,

Why did you deem it necessary to call customer service today and berate the rep over issues on one of your employee lines? The reasonable thing to do would have been to check the bill yourself, something you are supposed to be an expert at. Why you didn't do this and chose to shoot the messenger over the phone is beyond me.

As you yourself have told customers countless times, if you pay only the "plan amount" but don't pay the tax and don't pay the overage and you do this month after month then even an account with a small plan will accumulate a large bill.

As you have also told customers countless times, the rep doesn't know why one line has TEP and one doesn't. Just because you have another line with TEP do...
(continues)
UOQuack

Feb 25, 2008, 4:37 PM
You guys rock! On time, no attitudes, good customer service with a genuine smile, team players, no stinkies, willing to clean, know when to take care of personal business. Oh, and my bosses rock too, they pay me on-time!
princessn1984

Feb 25, 2008, 4:54 PM
I understand you don't like to clean, but that doesn't mean that it's my job to clean up after you. Furthermore, it is not fair that when the manager brings up that people are not cleaning up after themseleves, that you try to pin it on those of us who actually clean up after your messy ass.
charliegirl

Feb 25, 2008, 5:23 PM
Dear Co-worker,
It would be much appreciated if you got your head out of the bosses butt and actually sat at your desk and did work. And not just sit there and surf the web but maybe pick up the phone every once in a while. Also just b/c you want to be part of the "in" crowd at work doesn't mean you can spend hours in people's offices bs'ing when I am frantically taking orders!!! And you have the nerve to wonder why I am in a bad mood?!?!?!?!?

Dear Salesmen,
DO YOUR JOB!!!! I am support, I am here to back you up.....NOT DO YOUR ENTIRE JOB!!!! You are the one making commission off these people, you are the one making 6 figures a year and who do you have to thank.....ME!!!! So when I pass you YOUR client, don't transfer them back to m...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.