Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Paying for aircard service

Yer Blues

Feb 22, 2008, 10:38 AM
Do any of you other sales reps have customers come in looking for Aircards and when you tell them about the monthly service payments they're shocked.

Cust-"I have to pay every month? I thought I just had to buy the card!!!"

Me-"No ma'am, you have to pay for the internet"

Cust-"Fine, I'll just get Roadrunner then!!!"

Me- "Okay, good luck with that."

Oh, I also think it's hilarious when customers pick up the display cards thinking they're phones and start looking for the speaker and mic... it's classic 🤣
ac4321

Feb 22, 2008, 10:55 AM
Yes, all the time... I'm not sure what it is about our culture where people expect half of something for free. They either want the service for free or the hardware for free.

Well, until you're talking on your googlephone and listening to thirty second ads before every call, dont count on it, people.
🤣
labellavita

Feb 22, 2008, 12:38 PM
and why exactly do they feel it's so expensive? they pay that for internet at their home and we give them a wireless connection and they feel it should be cheaper? some people are so stupid
DarkStar

Feb 23, 2008, 12:32 PM
Whoa. Are you calling our culture cheap? Well let me tell you something. I pay good money for good quality. I am not cheap and I dont' appreciate you calling my culture cheap.

J/K. I told a customer that as a whole that Americans are cheap. The proof is all around us. WALMART. 2yr contracts. And such. He went off on me. He was mad because his phones weren't eligible for an upgrade.
OfAMightDivine

Feb 23, 2008, 12:37 PM
You should have told her the internet was free, but the aircard cost $1889.76 ($59.99 x 24 month contract = $1439.76 + $150 for "aircard related mandatory fees", and then $300 that goes right in your pocket, called the 'ID Ten T Tax')
coolestguyinsa

Feb 23, 2008, 9:17 PM
I tell them it costs $100 a month, give them a moment to think about it, then I tell them it really costs $59.99 a month. Dosesnt sound so bad, try it see if it works for you. Works for me..

Cheers

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.