Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

THE 2 GIANTS: Who's Sick of em & Their Control

Pure1rish

Feb 19, 2008, 5:46 PM
At&t and Verizon......

I say, get it over with & Let them Merge already (Because it's going to happen anyway, sometime in the future)

The American Mobile Phone Market is so out of wack it is unbelievable.

People from anywhere in the world look at the American Mobile Phone user like a bunch of idiots.

There is no sense in leading the consumer into a general lie about phone prices. 40.00 for a 400 dollar phone and the customer wants to bitch because it is not free...

The American Mobile Phone User doesn't get it until they run into an informed sales person who breaks down the FACTS.

Soon the day will come when nobody puts themself in a two year contract and that will be a joyus day. With the evolution of the SIM Card and ...
(continues)
labellavita

Feb 19, 2008, 5:50 PM
hmmm I never thought of at&t as a giant. when I had them I had horrible reception and the customer service at the store was a joke. this was about 4 years ago but my parents just switched onto my plan because they had such horrible service in Seattle.
hardcorehavok

Feb 19, 2008, 8:22 PM
The AT&T of 4 years ago was AT&T Wireless. It is a completely different company. The AT&T of today is formerly Cingular Wireless.
ReaperTut

Feb 19, 2008, 5:55 PM
eventually tmobile will lose out, and go bankrupt. i know of quite a few employee's that have been screwed over to benefit the customer.. when a customer can just have thier sidekick replaced for free just because of cosmetic damage that THEY themselves did, they're only going to be able to hold out for so long before they pass those charges back onto the consumer. one friend in particular has gone through atleast 4 sidekicks in the last 6 months. 2 out of the 4, were for cosmetic reasons only. and he's not been charge for a single one!!.. there is another one, who didn't get paid for his commission for like 6 months, til he quit and took them to court.. so instead of paying him just a few hundred bucks.. they shelled out a couple thousand. ...
(continues)
labellavita

Feb 19, 2008, 6:08 PM
I cant imagine at&t and vzw merging after they saw the knightmare of sprint/nextel. should of never happened. both sprint and nextel custs have suffered from it. two diff networks trying to combine is a bad idea
ReaperTut

Feb 19, 2008, 6:10 PM
agreed.. fully ... i duobt sprint/nextel will recover fully from it.. they've been revamping stuff to prevent churn, but are having to build new clientel ..
justiN0six

Feb 19, 2008, 6:40 PM
Would deffinitly be horrible.. AT&T's customer service blows. You get better service out of calling a random department such as warranty, sales or tech support. Which is sad- we're not trained to help for several issues lol. I've heard lots of good things about vzw customer service but never spoken with them personally.

As far as phones and services i think att & verizon are pretty close. Mogul - Tilt .... iPhone - Voyager ... CV - Vcast....It really just comes down to wheather or not you want a sim card and the service in your area. To merge would be pointless and hurtful for the wireless industry... Think its a monopoly now? - i wouldn't even wanna see what it'd be like if they did merge.
justiN0six

Feb 19, 2008, 6:43 PM
Didn't mean to offend anyone... as a whole i just don't think the customer service is as good as it should be. I mean... It's AT&T.. should be outstanding.
BigShowJB

Feb 19, 2008, 8:45 PM
Pure1rish said:

I work for At&t, and I'm here to say BLESS YOU T-MOBLE & Sprint for hanging in their and providing an alternative to the ever growing, illegal monopoly between Verizon & At&t.

added and corrected
justiN0six

Feb 19, 2008, 9:38 PM
by a limb ;)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.