Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Loyalty to our customers (A memoir)

turn1animal

Feb 18, 2008, 4:38 PM
Now I have had a bad atttitude for a while but my attitude recently changed for the better by calling my cable company. Here's what happened. My dad has been a customer of the cable company through mergers and aquisitions for 23 years. We were going to switch to Dish because it was cheaper. Not a threat. Not because we didnt like cable. It was just plain cheaper. We called the company and they bent over backwards to get us what we needed. Not because we were leaving but because they realized that without us (customers) they wouldnt have jobs. I know that
justiN0six

Feb 18, 2008, 4:42 PM
lots of customers out there ;)
ucantbeserious

Feb 18, 2008, 4:48 PM
its great that they bent over backwards for you, but i'd almost be willing to bet the price you are paying now, you wont keep i bet its a limited offer, cable companies love doin that. I hope not tho, it'd be great if a company was nice,just to be nice, and didn't take it back in 3-6 months. lol
mottelerj

Feb 19, 2008, 7:35 PM
we get our hd channels, and the fastes internet they have for $53 a month and we also get a modem
ReaperTut

Feb 19, 2008, 7:39 PM
if they ever cancel that offer on you.. say your gonna cancel, and they'll give you the promo again. my friend works for comcast and i usually call him and he hooks it up..unless he busy but i've been payin 30 bucks a month for a $60 conncetion.. for goin on 2 years now. =] same was with my cable till i switch to dishnetwork .. cause more channels for the same as the promo price.. sorry steve!!
mottelerj

Feb 19, 2008, 7:43 PM
i know it is a trial but we have a friend who works for comcast and he gets us good deals
ReaperTut

Feb 19, 2008, 7:45 PM
ehehe.. ditto .. lol.. you know that comcast been monitoring file transfer programs and funneling traffic, even so much as to block some users from using programs such as uTorrent and BitTorrent?
mottelerj

Feb 19, 2008, 7:49 PM
our has been working fine. my boyfriend is a tech and he actually caught them giving us the wrong internet speed and called them on it
ReaperTut

Feb 19, 2008, 7:52 PM
too slow or too fast? cause if they gve me the faster for the cheaper price.. i'd have kept my mouth shut til i noticed i was laggin.. lol
mottelerj

Feb 19, 2008, 7:53 PM
it was too slow by a lot
ReaperTut

Feb 19, 2008, 7:54 PM
well.. good job.. k..im outtie. have a good nite
mottelerj

Feb 19, 2008, 7:55 PM
i will be in 5
mottelerj

Feb 19, 2008, 7:53 PM
we have the fastest internet they have in our area
Dj Podmaster

Feb 19, 2008, 2:30 PM
I just cut the cable since most people will disconnect after the promo. plus cable is cheaper in my area then dish. So i just tell the custy ill see them in 6 months and in most cases i do.
DarkStar

Feb 19, 2008, 5:29 PM
If only cable was good. Dish is so much better with their DVR. Dish and Directv are digital(all digital). Verizon Fios is even better than that.
justiN0six

Feb 19, 2008, 5:41 PM
We have pretty decent cable up here... We have nearly 900 channels i think... Digital... HD... DVR.. Real decent cable company.. Prices aren't toooooooooooo bad...

The internet is outstanding though.

I'm paying 50 dollars a month for unlimited download speed and 768k upload.

my download speed maxes out at 21 mb/s which is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY faster than the whole call center.
Dj Podmaster

Feb 19, 2008, 11:25 PM
thats amazing!!! I was the last guy in my area on dial up...then it got disconnected. Ive been stealing high speed from my neighbor for about 2 years. You'd think with my discounts id have got my own by now....whatever I'm saving 10 bucks a month!!!! 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.