Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

anybody a sprint indirect?

labellavita

Feb 17, 2008, 5:14 PM
im at a sprint corporate store and am just wondering what the indirects can do as opposed to the corporates. i hear a lot of horror stories from customers about people at radio shack selling them used phones with activations and such, what exactly do you guys do?
Hombre07

Feb 18, 2008, 1:06 AM
I don't have an answer to your question but don't throw RadioShack in with indirects, we're not that ****ty.
T-Zag

Feb 18, 2008, 1:41 PM
No Radio Shack isn't that bad they are the absolute worst. Please Don't lump us in with them.
ajstrong

Feb 18, 2008, 10:22 AM
I'm not rat shack, but I used to be, and the stuff I saw was horrid. I'm vzw indirect now, but I find it hard to believe that you guys don't wipe a phone clean that's been outa the store for 3 days and resell it as a "new" phone. 98% of customers never know.
d3ity

Feb 18, 2008, 11:40 AM
Worked at ratshack as well... we never RMAC'ed phones, we just cleaned em up and resold them.

That said, working for a REAL indirect (for vzw), that never happens...ever. Everything goes back to the manufacturer... in the few circumstances where I do have a used phone in my inventory, it's cheap, sold as used. no rebate, and usually has less than 3 minutes on it.

At least not at my store.
ShackViperElite

Feb 18, 2008, 1:44 PM
You do realize you can't really do that, right?

Once a phone is sold, it's ESN is cataloged. Sprint will not allow it to be activated until it's been refurbished. The phone must go off to repair, and have it's programming flashed otherwise the one time unlock code won't work... true, you could call in and get the master code, but at that moment you'd be told it was a previously activated ESN.

If you guys had found a way around that at your Radio Shack, then the whole team there needs to be let go. It's a violation of the company's mandate to serve the customer.
ajstrong

Feb 18, 2008, 1:46 PM
serve the customer? 🤣

sorry, but the DM's I worked under were worried about one thing, and one thing only: $$$$$$$$$

yet another reason why I sprinted away... to find myself with yet another company that doesn't care a bit about the customer. la tee da.
labellavita

Feb 18, 2008, 2:55 PM
I had a cust come in here that had bought a free phone from radio shack as a new line and it had scratches on it. I just cancelled the line, got them a brand new phone, and told them to take the old one back to rs. and the crazy part about it was it was a samsung a660 which we havent sold for years. I thought it was crazy. at our corporate store we used to be able to do what was called pre phones that were returned within 30 days and had no defects or scratches. I thought that was pushing it. Im glad we dont do that anymore

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.