Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Customer Satisfaction - Manufacturer Edition

hardcorehavok

Feb 15, 2008, 5:53 PM
First, Read this:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/02/13/palm-ranks- ... »

Now, let us discuss. Apple is #1! How did that happen? Oh, yeah. They only have one phone and it is pretty darn good.

RIM is no surprise at number 2. Blackberrys (or is it Blackberries?) are some of the best devices bar none. I'm just waiting for 3G. Come on 3G!

I was surprised that LG and Sanyo were so high up. I only have experience with Cingular/AT&T phones so I don't know much about Sanyo. However, I hear nothing but bad things about LG. Maybe they are turning around though. The Shine, Voyager, Venus, Vu, enV and Chocolate have been pretty good. Wait a minute! Those are mostly CDMA phones! LG is screwing GSM c...
(continues)
ReaperTut

Feb 15, 2008, 6:00 PM
hardcorehavok said:

This is an independent study and the results are not 100% accurate, but it makes for good conversation...hopefully.

LG wasn't always this good. thier sprint phones suck. verizon pulled off some of the better sides of LG, i think because the integration between manufacturer and carrier works better. as for nokia. they were the bombizity back in the day, haven't actually run across one in awhile.. thats probably why at&t/cingular have it.. cause nokia started suckin, and at&t IMO sucks. 🙂 ehe

as for the treo comment. the 755p flopped. agreed. but the palm OS has great potential.
illinformedcustomer

Feb 15, 2008, 6:00 PM
Having had worked for a wireless company that dealt with every company I have had experience with all manufacturers. At one time I was selling, ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint, Nextel, ESPN, Disney and later Helio. I would have to say that as far as product satisfactory is concerned I believe Sanyo to make a strong product, good battery life, easy menu navigation etc. I never particularly cared for the Palm devices and don't recommend them to customers but will sell it if the customer comes in requesting that device. I think that the Blackberries are the most solid performing devices for functionality out there currently. As an agent I don't deal with the IPhone but the corporate people don't really deal with them either they hand the box to the ...
(continues)
ajstrong

Feb 15, 2008, 6:53 PM
I concur on the Sanyo. Love 'em, but 😢 b/c they were bought out by crap-ocera. I'll see what happens for the next go-round.
justiN0six

Feb 15, 2008, 6:26 PM
Palm.. The most under-rated and unappreciated manufacturer. Great OS, Great Phones. The only thing blackberry has on them is the style and push-email. I'm a firm believer in palm. Can't wait for the new OS.
ajstrong

Feb 15, 2008, 6:52 PM
yea, but why o WHY did they slap the windows crap OS on their phones? I have complaint after complaint from windows users about the software sucking. the phone itself is great, but the OS on there for Windows sucks. IMO
charliegirl

Feb 15, 2008, 6:27 PM
I am on my third LG and love it. My first one got stolen and they replaced it with a newer version LG. Loved it. The only reason I replaced it was b/c the battery was going on it and I was due for an upgrade. I currently have the CU500 and no complaints. I am due again for an upgrade in 3 months and I might go with an LG again.
hardcorehavok

Feb 15, 2008, 6:32 PM
I have had the LG C1300, C1500, C2000 and CU500. All were great. I get a lot of complaints about them from customers though. CellOne stopped carrying them because they had so many problems with the C1500.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.