Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 31 replies

Is it just me?

justiN0six

Feb 14, 2008, 11:29 PM
I find it extremely hard to get up in the morning (early afternoon ;) ) to come and talk to the customers all day. And I nearly have anxiety attacks every night just waiting for 11pm to roll around. lol..

Am I in the wrong industry? I dunno I figure I just have a lot of growing up to do still...

But I hate the thought of settling for a job that I don't really like but pays the bills.
charliegirl

Feb 15, 2008, 1:57 PM
Welcome to adulthood ☚ī¸ It sucks trust me. If it makes you feel any better I am in the same boat. I actually get chest pains when I hear any phone ring now.
ReaperTut

Feb 15, 2008, 2:29 PM
i think its, anxiety because your waiting for that arsole customer that ruins your day.. just waiting for that one ..
thebiggestguy

Feb 17, 2008, 11:41 AM
those are the best customers. U act like TALKING is hard to do? even if the bad customer doesnt want to listen its not tough. Then when they leave you can laugh about it all day. If you guys are "afraid" and not excited about all customers, you'll never make it far. Its being able to deal with the bad ones that get you noticed.
labellavita

Feb 17, 2008, 4:43 PM
On days that I work I hit the snooze like 10 times and think of good excuses to call in sick. then I remind myself to save my excuses for when I really need them and drag my ass out of bed. When I'm driving I literally have to force myself to turn into our store. I so badly want to keep driving. This job pays very well but I want to kill myself when I'm here
ReaperTut

Feb 18, 2008, 6:14 PM
i get that too. last night we had a 3 hour meeting. the company changed hands. and we are losing our chairs. literally.. lol. i've got a bad back, but besides that, if i could walk around a little more in the kiosk i wouldn't mind but with how tall i am the keyboard is so low, that ih ave to do one of those tghings whrre you sprread your legs more than shoulder width apart, but it looks funny. i dunno. i guess its just a good day to b*tch ... hehe. i do know that there are some locations that never had chairs.. gor good rasson i suppose. but you know it will be difficult for some.
justiN0six

Feb 18, 2008, 6:20 PM
I would flip. I have a bad back as well (due to an accident.) My call center use to have crappy chairs. I ended up just bringing in my own.

Standing all day and having to crouch to use the computer- shetty deal.
ReaperTut

Feb 18, 2008, 6:22 PM
here's the kicker though. the chairs that we currently have at the main store. are going around the counter to the front for customers only.. lol. i won't be here much longer. i've alrady over stayed my welcome.. but haven't been gettint enough tech calls at my other job to compensate the income
justiN0six

Feb 18, 2008, 6:40 PM
That's how I felt when I worked in AT&T's warranty department... Needed to get out lol.. eventually I just got fired and was rehired in sales.
ReaperTut

Feb 18, 2008, 6:46 PM
at last nights meeting, everyone had to re-fill out job applications. i gotta joked about it, saying i was going to apply for management, and ask for a higher wage. but after filling it out, i guess it was because the new owners wanted to do background checks. i freaked cause i wasn't exactly sur about all my previous employemnt. phone numbers, actual dates. etc. i have a pretty bad memory. my short term memory is more affected thnn my long term. but still.. if they bumped up my previous employement to what i wrote down .. it may not match exactly.. and i was worried they'd use that angle to drop the hatchet on me..
DE 2 Philly

Feb 18, 2008, 11:05 PM
Hahah I feel your pain bro. I've worked for Sprint for over 3 years and I've grown use to it.. lol hang in there... customers can be huge ignorant @$$holes.. I'd never treat people @ their jobs the way we get treated sometimes.. cya
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Feb 16, 2008, 11:11 PM
Have you been reading my thoughts?
I work the 2- 11pm shift too, yeah those pseudo- anxiety attacks never really go away- i've been here about 8 months and i still get them. I tend to park at the far end of the parking lot and let out a good yell before i come in, or a randomly slap my steering wheel while driving to work.
inked n poked.

Feb 18, 2008, 10:42 PM
try 12-11...
aussieguy73120

Feb 17, 2008, 3:49 PM
We all get it in a call center.
Its part of the employment package....

Hypertension
Anxiety
Quality Arseholes (QA) to steal your bonus
Morons in lower management
Customers with unrealistic expectations

Typical call flow:
"thank you for calling (insert company name)..how may I help you today?

" why is my bill so high?!"

stress attack happens...

"im sorry to hear that" ..(thinking...no i'm not you arsehole...now get off my phone!)

more stress....

then....

Boss delivers latest QA scores.....Oh no.. I forgot to say the customers name 3 times during that call!!! NO BONUS! All gone!! Oh well.
Boss happily smiles and slithers away....

"thank you for calling......"
Dreamer00400

Feb 18, 2008, 6:51 PM
wow...it's like you summarized my entire day..."Why is my bill so high?" *whine whine*
"You went over your minutes...."

"Can I have a credit??"

I want to say. "no...don't go over your minutes!!" oi...
labellavita

Feb 18, 2008, 7:51 PM
is it just me or is today oh so boring? I havent sold anything all day and I still have 3 more hours to go
ReaperTut

Feb 18, 2008, 8:12 PM
i got 4 hours. to go.. but your right. thus far.. at this time. today. has been zzzzZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzZZZZZZzz .. oh may i help you... ::yawn::: ... xzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzz zzzzz 🙄
labellavita

Feb 18, 2008, 8:16 PM
our store is sitting at $150 acc and 2 data today. that's it. it's so sad. I havent had an act in days. it's been so slow....it's days like today that make me want to quit so bad.
ReaperTut

Feb 18, 2008, 8:26 PM
we jost reemed yesterday, even though all of sprint has been doing bad.. so it trickles all down to the employee's.. one of our best reps. who has like... 24 new acts. and some 15 upgrades so far this month (as of yesterday) and he scored the worst on phone prices.. lol.. we had all gotten quizzed on our knowledge of equipment prices.. so the whole arguement of why everyone was having a crappy month went out the window.. boss was a lil steamed. thought he had the reason pegged. but uhm. no. its been bad for the whole economy everyone.. doi
justiN0six

Feb 18, 2008, 8:41 PM
I had to go through 4 hours of my shift today without any system that allowed me to order phones... It's been a long day..

Just waiting for a call that I could do absolutely nothing with.
ReaperTut

Feb 18, 2008, 8:52 PM
that sucks.. i found out the other day, that when i use the cordless phone at the store.. it uses both our normal landline corded phones.. so you can't dial out.. i was on the phone with CS for 45 mintes.. had a customer that just needed to pay for his new phone he bought with a debit card, but because we couldn't make outbound calls. he couldn't use his card.. lol..
justiN0six

Feb 18, 2008, 9:15 PM
lmao! what a jam. that's really weird.. and extremely inconvenient
justiN0six

Feb 18, 2008, 9:17 PM
I think what kills me most about this job is how hard it is to stay upbeat. I hate to be a downer but maaann do these customers make it hard to stay optimistic.
ReaperTut

Feb 18, 2008, 9:17 PM
so now my avatar has a double meanin.. ever hear that lickin toads in poisonus? .. well if you enlarge mine you see the skull and cross bones on the back of the frog..and it just so happens to match springs colors ... ;x coincidence? hrrmmm maybe not.
justiN0six

Feb 18, 2008, 9:28 PM
lol that's sick. What kinda bike you ridin? I'm not into stunt riding a WHOOOOOLE lot ... but its a minor interest. My dad rides a hayabusa(I know what you're thinkin..the old man insane? possibly)and I got a couple friends in the fargo area that are into stunt riding but I can't remember when they ride on lollllll.
ReaperTut

Feb 18, 2008, 9:48 PM
i got a yamaha r6.... 2006.. with 10k miles on it.. mostly stunting but some recreational riding.. thats even with a truck that i drive everyday to work
justiN06

Feb 18, 2008, 10:15 PM
ahh nice.. My buddy just bought the same bike this summer. I'd like to get a bike this summer.. not sure what I wanna get though... I'd love a harley.. but i'd also like a rocket.. a rocket would be way more of a rush. Kinda stumped.

My pa's hayabusa is pretty rockin' though. Can't afford that shet though. Pretty sure he dropped over 10 grand on her.. Don't exactly wanna pay that much for my first bike haha.
ReaperTut

Feb 18, 2008, 10:37 PM
you gonna pay about that anyway, unless you go with the low end honda's.. mine was 9800 out the door.. but it would have costed me 10,200 after taxes. but between me having bought about 5 or 6 other dirt bikes and quads there, they pinched the price a little. (after i asked ofcourse) as for a harley.. your looking at over 10k before taxes easy
labellavita

Feb 18, 2008, 10:45 PM
we close in 16 minutes goodnight gentlemen hope yours has been better than mine 😕
ReaperTut

Feb 18, 2008, 10:48 PM
lets just say. i have 5 upgrades. and 3 new acts this month. and none have been in the last week!!!
DE 2 Philly

Feb 18, 2008, 11:01 PM
Last month I had 62 activations 🙂 lol not bad
ReaperTut

Feb 18, 2008, 11:08 PM
all new? what area? philly? is that a good assumption? what service?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.