Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

What the heck????

Below.Me

Feb 10, 2008, 12:04 PM
Recently I have had a bunch of people coming in trying to get a phone but they do not bring their ID. What the heck?

I can understand that sometimes you might forget your wallet or purse it happens. But not carrying an ID for the sake of not carrying one is just stupid. I thought it was illegal to not carry it if you are over 18.

"I am sorry sir that I can not do a credit application. You do not have a valid ID. You will have to come back if you want a plan that requires a contract so you can do your 'BIdneas'."

Am correct in am assumption that it is required to carry some a of state id or passport?
M15TER P1NK

Feb 10, 2008, 12:09 PM
nope... dont have to carry one if you arent doing something that requires one... like driving... thats why j walking is the dumbest thing to try and ticket someone for...

whats your name?

john doe.

got any id?

nope left my walkers license at home...
KioskLife

Feb 10, 2008, 12:12 PM
I don't think it's illegal, per say, (at least in Canada) but it doesn't change the fact that the customers come to our stores, looking to sign a 3 years contract and don't have any form of identification with them... which is slightly odd to begin with.

Worst thing is when people drive to the mall, without a wallet. A) you're driving without a license, B) why go to the mall if you don't even have a wallet with you...

And then we expect them to understand when we go over plans and biling cycles.
Arwinjadaninja

Feb 10, 2008, 3:37 PM
An I is not required, however in many states you can be "apprehended" until the "authorities" are able to verify your identity.
Arwinjadaninja

Feb 10, 2008, 3:41 PM
ID* 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.