Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

question about data plans with BB (all carriers)

dalily21

Feb 7, 2008, 5:35 PM
i know vzw requires a data plan for any blackberry that is activatated. i was wondering if this is a requirement by rim thus making all carriers have a data plan with a bb?
suncomunist

Feb 7, 2008, 6:41 PM
suncom requires data plans for bb and pdas aswell
rookieb

Feb 7, 2008, 6:43 PM
Sprint requires a data pack for all BB.
turn1animal

Feb 7, 2008, 6:54 PM
WRONG. Sprint does not require a BB data plan to be carried with a bb phone. To recieve addtional overlay discounts on BB/Pda's, you must carry a data plan of 25.00 or more. Thanks and have a great Day!
rookieb

Feb 7, 2008, 7:12 PM
Sorry. Turn is right. Technically BB don't need a data plan. Just for new/upgrades that want the mail-in reabate.
turn1animal

Feb 7, 2008, 7:14 PM
Or if they want to use the full capability of the BB or PDA and not get charged an arm and a leg. and a thigh. and a wing. and your moms arm.
rookieb

Feb 7, 2008, 7:18 PM
🤣
ReaperTut

Feb 7, 2008, 8:28 PM
its a requirement regardless of rebate or not. to have the BB, you have to have the data plan.. this is passed on from corporate. :\ i've lost alot of sales because of it. .. other pda's devices only require the 25 ultimate data pack for the first month of activation to recive the mail in rebate and can then drop down to the 15 basic unlimited data plan..
ReaperTut

Feb 7, 2008, 8:26 PM
your wrong. sprint does require a $30 BB Data plan for all activated phones. 🙂 i work for sprint.. 🙂 so im right 😛 no, but seriously though, BB mandates sprint to charge atleast 29.99 for a data plan with all BB's .. Verizon is the same. except i believe they charge it as 29.99 where as sprint charges an even 30
Tmo Slave

Feb 7, 2008, 8:19 PM
Tmobile doesn't require data plans on any of their phones. Alot of people get the pearl for just texting.
coolestguyinsa

Feb 8, 2008, 11:51 AM
For at&t, in order to get a mail in rebate you have to have a BB plan $30 or an unlt mesg plan with a voice plan $39.99 or higher. What I do personally, I ask qualifing questions and if it seems like they wont use the BB plan then I tell the custys its prob not a phone for them. Its all about features, and if your not gonna use the BB plan then get a regular tele.

Cheers
BigShowJB

Feb 8, 2008, 4:51 PM
iPCS pricing for BB w/o DD data plan is $100 more than price w data plan... no MIR or instant rebate if you don't have it

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.