Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Palm Centro being used with a diff carrier

justiN0six

Feb 6, 2008, 7:41 PM
I was just wondering if sprints Palm Centro would work with a different carrier at all?
are they locked or anything like that ... well i know there's no such thing as locked in the CDMA world but ya know what I'm talkin about..

I'm with a local provider, so it's pretty common for their customer's to come in with alltel and verizon phones and say hey activate this as my phone and they're like okay no prob... so my question is... is it possible with a sprint phone?

I'm kind of interested in the Palm Centro. I don't need anything to flashy but I'd like a full keyboard with a little bit of extra functionality.

*** The local carrier runs on the CDMA network
justiN0six

Feb 6, 2008, 9:04 PM
any input would help..
ac4321

Feb 6, 2008, 11:14 PM
Probably would be quicker to call the local company and ask. It's all up to them, really.
charliegirl

Feb 7, 2008, 10:59 AM
There is always a way. If they can unlock the iPhone (which I know of people that I work with who have them working on T-mobile) then they can unlock a CDMA phone. And yes I know it can be down. It's all a matter of codes.
charliegirl

Feb 7, 2008, 10:59 AM
It will still only work on a CDMA network though
MetalFace

Feb 8, 2008, 1:57 PM
Sprint, Verizon, or Cricket...
justiN0six

Feb 8, 2008, 6:50 PM
for what reason? Alltel runs on the CDMA network as well. My local carrier is CDMA also.. So i was hoping to use it with that local carrier. I've heard about some ppl hacking it and changing the lock code but it sounds like funky firmware.
rivers9180

Feb 9, 2008, 5:52 PM
even if you theoretically could have the phone "unlocked" to work on another carrier, you would lose most functionality on the phone... such as the internet capabilities
kapwww

Feb 10, 2008, 2:37 AM
If your local provider is willing to load the ESN into their database, the phone can work on their network. You just won't be able to do much with it. The software will be designed to work with Sprint.
justiN0six

Feb 11, 2008, 9:59 PM
You should be able to change the wap settings though right? Then the internet shoouuuulld work eh?
ReaperTut

Feb 11, 2008, 10:29 PM
or wipe the phone clean and get the software for a palm treo 650 or 700 from verizon .. it'll work just fine then ;)
justiN0six

Feb 11, 2008, 11:01 PM
very good idea ^ ^
ReaperTut

Feb 11, 2008, 11:02 PM
lemme know how that goes.. im curious to see if you can find that software for it.. cause i have a few devices i'd like to snatch from other carriers and sling em

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.