Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 29 replies

Can anyone help please..

robtheman25

Feb 6, 2008, 3:17 PM
I just got a BB Pearl on verizon, how do i change the color of my pearl ball???
Anyone ....
Thanks.
ReaperTut

Feb 6, 2008, 3:20 PM
i don't think you can.. just on the curve
robtheman25

Feb 6, 2008, 3:25 PM
but verizon dont have the curve...
ReaperTut

Feb 6, 2008, 3:27 PM
im just sayin. the trackball color change feature is not on the pearl. 🙂
robtheman25

Feb 6, 2008, 3:33 PM
gotcha..
thank you
aussieguy73120

Feb 6, 2008, 3:43 PM
Nah, guys, on the Cellular One Pearl you can, its a download of software. If it can be done on a cellular one pearl it can be done on any pearl.

Go to the BB web site and start your search there.
justiN0six

Feb 6, 2008, 3:46 PM
Not necessarily... Verizons software is usually insanely crippled.
justiN0six

Feb 6, 2008, 3:48 PM
You maybe end up having to flash the badboy.. and considering that like the only other pearl is alltel...which usually isn't as crippled that would be your only option.. on the other hand though I have no clue how to flash the blackberry's nor do I know if it's possible... I use to be able to do anything with a razr.. haven't really expanded in awhile. GL though.
justiN0six

Feb 6, 2008, 3:51 PM
sry.. mistyped... the only other CDMA pearl would be with alltel... Just from previous experiences... you can usually use alltel and verizon phones on each others networks.. not sure about other providers... I'm limited in my area lol... I have the option of choosing Alltel, Verizon and a local company.. Which the local company rocks - 2000 long distant minutes a month for 40 bucks a month. Unlimited txt msging for 3.99/month... why not right? lol
a Girl

Feb 6, 2008, 4:44 PM
sprint has the pearl 🙄
justiN0six

Feb 6, 2008, 6:13 PM
I haven't really seen very many sprint roms though ... verizon and alltel just seem to be the most popular when flashing a phone
coldouthereND

Feb 6, 2008, 7:29 PM
are you in ND? cause it sounds exactly like what it's like here...
ReaperTut

Feb 6, 2008, 3:47 PM
well look at the moto razr2 v9 . the sprint version is touch screen on the front.. where as the verizon version is not.. it could be a marketing tool .
robtheman25

Feb 6, 2008, 3:52 PM
The V9m with verizon also is touch screen on the front it has three touch panels on the bottom strip of the screen that change with different applications..
ReaperTut

Feb 6, 2008, 3:56 PM
the one i looked at didn't have the panels.. :\ im a vzw customer that sells sprint ..lmao im always comparing.
robtheman25

Feb 6, 2008, 4:00 PM
do u know the difference between bluetooth 2.0 and 1.2
ReaperTut

Feb 6, 2008, 4:09 PM
not a whole lot. just a few options. like stereo is in 2.0 ..
coldouthereND

Feb 6, 2008, 7:35 PM
I have the V9m with Verizon and it has 3 touch panels at the bottom of the screen...it's really restrictive cause I can't change what they do really...i can access the camera, voice command or mp3 player
BigShowJB

Feb 6, 2008, 5:17 PM
$.97 can of spray paint from walmart and some masking tape
robtheman

Feb 6, 2008, 3:55 PM
👿
CommonSense

Feb 6, 2008, 4:09 PM
http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry/colorpearl/co ... »

put that link into your bb browser and dl it.
robtheman25

Feb 6, 2008, 4:29 PM
And after it installs how do I change the color.. If you dont mind explaining for me please. 🙂
robtheman25

Feb 6, 2008, 4:32 PM
All it says under options is (Color pearl only works on blackberry 8100/pearl).......
cilvzwagent

Feb 6, 2008, 6:52 PM
Is how flashing a phone changes the color of the light under the trackball? Anyone care to enlighten me? 😎
CommonSense

Feb 6, 2008, 6:54 PM
rob - go to options and it should be listed there. just click it.

i dont know how flashing it would turn on the lights but i know there are color led lights underneath the trackball in the pearl.
justiN0six

Feb 6, 2008, 7:04 PM
What I was saying was that it was possible that vzw may have crippled that option making it impossible to do such a thing. It doesn't sound like thats the issue but if it was flashing it to a compatible rom would fix that issue. It would be as if it wasn't even a vzw phone. I use to work on a lot of people's razrs.. You could edit just about anything with it to make it exactly the way you wanted it.. I think the only problem I ever had was getting the nasty VZW red bar off of the skin. I did manage a few times though... was tricky.
zqfmgb

Feb 6, 2008, 7:24 PM
there's only 1 LED on the 8130 and it's white. the 8100 gsm pearl had 4 LED's of different colors.

no amount of software flashing will make it do anything else but white. you can color the led with a marker, but it'll void your warranty.
WhoDey

Feb 6, 2008, 8:49 PM
You have to remove the ball and color under it with hi-liter or something of that nature.. it will void your warranty and is, from what Ive gathered, kinda a pain in the ass.

Now, if you HAD multi colored balls, I would recommend some ointment of some kind, and possibly a hacksaw....
SprintPony

Feb 7, 2008, 2:29 PM
i was going to suggest a urologist but a hacksaw works 🤣
BYAAAAH

Feb 7, 2008, 11:01 AM
Search the web a little. It seems that the ColorPearl application is what you would be looking for.

Unfortunately...it seems to only be compatible with the 1st Gen. 8100 Pearl. The 8130 and other Pearl "2" models lack the color LEDs behind the trackball.

Check out crackberry.com or pinstack.com forums. A few people have found some workarounds and hardware hacks, but nothing software related.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.