Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

call center and retail employee schedules

hoonder sneets

Feb 4, 2008, 5:14 PM
i work for vzw call center, and we do an annual mandatory shift bid, to align with call forecasting, etc. there are quarterly mini-shift bids to fill in holes, people who are on long term leave, fired/quit, etc. how does it work everywhere else?
justiN0six

Feb 4, 2008, 6:54 PM
its the same here also(ATT) - based on conversion and quality assurance and such.. Seems fair I guess.
hoonder sneets

Feb 4, 2008, 7:26 PM
well, ours is based on seniority w/ in the dept, basically hire date. but we got rid of quality assurance, and got rid of a bunch of other "offline" positions, so those like 45 people got dumped back into care, all at the top of seniority so i went from getting a guaranteed weekends off 8-5 or earlier shift if i wanted it to having to get split days off in order to get out of there before 5. so needless to say I'm not very happy right now.
ucantbeserious

Feb 4, 2008, 8:09 PM
we do voluntary shift bits used to do it every month, but they kinda slacked off a while, but they just sent one, it basically goes off seniority, the one they just did was also for agents with a shift starting 11 or before. Im so happy i've got tenure so ill be getting a 4-10 hour shift, with fri sat and sun off woohoo
hoonder sneets

Feb 4, 2008, 8:15 PM
see we have 4x10's, but they never give 3 consecutive days off, it's like sat/sun off and like tues, weds, or thurs...they do just enough to not let anyone be happy. at some point will they ever take employee happiness into account? we can only take so much before we quit. thats the down side of being a privately traded company. no matter what the company says the new direction or initative is, shareholder's value is always the priority.
ucantbeserious

Feb 5, 2008, 12:30 PM
I was so suprised they did have shifts with 3 days off in a row, and its exactly the days ive wanted. all i have to say is FINALLY, im getting ready to start my third year here, its about time i get an awesome shift lol the 10 hour shifts are gonna suck but having all weekend off is going to make it completely worth it!
lilmegan

Feb 4, 2008, 9:18 PM
Just curious, what call center are you at? Im a fellow Verizon Wireless call center person.
lilmegan

Feb 4, 2008, 9:22 PM
nevermind just looked at ur profile. Were in the same call center lol, but you started about 3 months before me. I dont know my shift yet, as my number would have been up today and today is my day off. I guess i'll find out tomorrow.
aussieguy73120

Feb 5, 2008, 12:20 PM
Shift bids done quarterly, based on perfoormance. Used to be seniorority, but was changed 6 mths agao. So now a newbie can have first pick. Loyalty..you gotta love it!!!
🤣 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.