Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Never been happier!

Moruitelda

Feb 4, 2008, 4:42 PM
I just submitted my resignation from big red! Now I am going to get me an iPhone!
justiN0six

Feb 4, 2008, 7:03 PM
lol that's to bad. I'd wait awhile.. a new iPhone (Updated version) is suppose to be coming out this year.
hoonder sneets

Feb 4, 2008, 7:27 PM
besides wow factor and mack compatibility, what functions does the iphone offer? the touch screen is cool, but what does the phone do that other phones don't? just curious...
vreaper

Feb 6, 2008, 10:57 AM
what does it do that other phones don't?

take a ridiculous amount of time to do anything data related

charge you $120 to replace a battery

give you absolute hell when texting because you have to use the touch screen

steel your soul and send it directly to billy gates

nah, i'm just joshin. in all seriousness the iphone is a decent item. and while i do strongly believe the voyager is supperior to the iphone (then again i may be a bit biassed 😛 ) the iphone does in fact have the pretiest display out there. asside from that, the touch screen is slightly more responsive than others. still wouldn't try texting with a touch screen tho
hoonder sneets

Feb 6, 2008, 11:42 AM
so the improvement is purely navigational and asthetics? the wow factor seems to be the biggest selling angle right now. from what i've heard from users (people crawling back on there knees to port back in) they wern't impressed with the functionality, it didn't do much to improve on the existing market as far as doing new things, just how you do the old things is cool now!!!
vreaper

Feb 6, 2008, 11:55 AM
exactly 😁
yay voyager 😁
yay verizon 😁
hoonder sneets

Feb 6, 2008, 11:58 AM
shhh!!! the middle class might hear you... i don't want to take "high value" calls anymore. if you dont pay your bill for a few months, and let the balance add up, then make one huge payment. BOOM! merits status, and now you get escalation reps to take your calls. we do not care how long you've been with the company, with a payment history like that, your lucky we don't hotline your ass every month, forget about wanting a new phone every 4 months!
ReaperTut

Feb 6, 2008, 5:54 PM
lol.. you just described me on that last part (not the bill portion) but the new phone every 4 months.. but i may be do for an upgrade this year.. however i signed a new contract cuz i had to update my plan with the new phone.. i wonder how that goes about my upgrade... hmm
da309392

Feb 6, 2008, 12:03 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
good joke!!!
Moruitelda

Feb 6, 2008, 6:00 PM
I have the Voyager. MobileTV is great and so is GPS, but it still has nothing on this slick new iPhone.

I also have an 8130 and a 700p, but again they just don't compare. Not sure why but the GPRS on the iPhone is very close to EVDO on the Voyager for browser speed, and Safari destroys the Voyager web browser.
BigShowJB

Feb 6, 2008, 5:27 PM
my coworker at our other store put the iPhone OS onto a Sprint Mogul, visual voicemail and all .... no differences....
oh wait there was one....
the mogul had an actual keyboard with good OTA data transfer rates (w/o WiFi)
justiN0six

Feb 6, 2008, 3:58 PM
I honestly would rather have a blackberry or a treo ( yes I know, nobody likes them-I'm a firm believer in the palm os though ;) )rather than the iphone..

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.