Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

So tell me this...

Wyldchylde

Feb 4, 2008, 2:29 PM
Are there actually stores that sell Satellite phones?

I had someone walk up to me and ask if I had any, and I was like "Um....no, nobody I know of carries them"

???????
Sherman Schrader

Feb 4, 2008, 2:31 PM
I remember back in the mid to late 90's company called Iridium who sold satellite wireless services which pretty much had you second mortgaging your house to have one. 🤣
Wyldchylde

Feb 4, 2008, 2:37 PM
I knew they had to cost a lot, and I haven't heard anything about them for a long time.

It just caught me off guard when he asked me.
Armand Goldman

Feb 4, 2008, 5:46 PM
I actually had someone call me asking where they could get a battery for a Motorola bag phone they bought back in 1998. 😲
Tmo Slave

Feb 4, 2008, 2:47 PM
I believe there are still companies that sell it but mostly only used by people in the forest services or by ranchers in like wyoming who are out in the middle of no where.
tcaccent

Feb 4, 2008, 3:08 PM
and reporter in the middle east
BigShowJB

Feb 4, 2008, 3:29 PM
no youre thinking of flak jackets
aavera

Feb 4, 2008, 5:44 PM
We used to. We actually just got rid of them in our kiosk last week, but I do still have the ability to order and activate them.
Wyldchylde

Feb 4, 2008, 8:26 PM
Really?

Do they still cost a pretty penny?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.