Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Sprint AND Motorola Heading The Way of The Dinosaurs?

hardcorehavok

Jan 31, 2008, 6:05 PM
A couple weeks ago, Sprint announced the loss of 639,000 customers in Q4 alone. They also announce 4,000 employee cutbacks and 125 store closures. It seems as though the CDMA/iDEN company is on its death bed.

A couple days ago, I read a RUMOR that Motorola was thinking of getting out of the mobile phone business. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Motorola confirmed that they are looking at the possibility. What would it mean for the wireless industry if both Sprint and Motorola were no longer around?

I don't think anyone would miss Sprint. The only thing they have going for them is the fact that they have cornered the market on push-to-talk...and that was thanks to their horrific merger with Nextel.

However, if Motorola leav...
(continues)
Wyldchylde

Jan 31, 2008, 6:26 PM
I really wouldn't miss it, nor would I miss working for them.

They do have the best service as far as voice goes where I'm living presently so if I were staying here I probably would miss them. But I'm moving in March and they are one of the lowest rating carriers in the area so I'm going to switch when I get there.

I won't miss dealing with customer service either, even as an employee it could be a lot better.

I'm not saying their service is totally bad all around, they just have a lot that needs improvement.
Dj Podmaster

Feb 1, 2008, 8:54 PM
ill miss the razers and all the HUPs they brought me when they all broke.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.