Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

mandatory hours.....

Dj Podmaster

Jan 31, 2008, 5:53 PM
So I have to work a mandatory 3 shifts a week at my store plus I'm in school full time.

For those of you out there in school still how do you balance school and work? I'm having problems only doing three shifts and keeping up with my papers. Are there companies that will only let you work 1 or 2 shifts?
lilblondditz

Feb 1, 2008, 10:24 PM
I was pretty lucky when I was in school and working. The first indirect I worked at was rather strict about not letting us do schoolwork in the office (understandable) until I told him he'd either have to let me do a little school work during the slow times or let me work less at which point he relented. But the second indirect I worked at was rather cool about us doing whatever work we needed to get done for school as long as it didn't interfere with the customers, or things that needed to get done at the office. So even though I was working 30 hrs a week at this job, and another 10 at another job, and doing 15+ credits at my university about 10-20 hrs at my indirect was spent catching up on work for school (of course it depended on the ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.