Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Verizon discontinues longer boom headset?

urbnjckdc

Jan 5, 2005, 12:38 AM
I'm a very satisfied Verizon customer but I have one very stern complaint regarding their headphone selection; I understand that this is not a place to bitch about a company, nor do I expect an answer from anyone reading this board. But here goes:

I live in the DC area and travel to NY a lot. These two areas both have laws against non-hands-free talking on a mobile phone. My headset of choice (for sound quality and comfort) was (and still is) the Verizon-branded long boom style headset with the large Jabra eargel attachment. It kind-of looks like a very large sewing needle, with a long slender hole down the middle. It's dark charcoal grey color and comes with 6 different earbuds of various sizes.

However, Verizon has discontinue...
(continues)
cpc3676

Jan 5, 2005, 5:00 PM
What happened to your long boom headset?
urbnjckdc

Jan 5, 2005, 11:25 PM
I have one that works, but the sound quality on the last one I had started to get fuzzy so I bought a new one (when they were still available). I'm trying to ensure that I will be able to buy a few of these to use in the future.
cpc3676

Jan 7, 2005, 1:50 PM
Well I know you want them but times change. I wish they didnt discontinue the 2004 Toyota Camry for the 2005 Camry but they do. And they do it every year! I wish they still made computers with 2 megs of ram. But they don't
blatch

Jan 7, 2005, 4:22 PM
I know what you mean. Thoes rotten kids, playing their music after 9, talking on thoes hand held computers, making the cursor move with that fancy foot pedal thing. 😈
heather_bo_beather

Jan 10, 2005, 6:56 PM
Tell you what, I have used the one you speak of, but I have a new favorite... and it picks up great, it has noise cancellation as well. The product #: 100-7303-08, and it's called the Jabra Ear Wave, not the "Cool ear wave," but the Jabra ear wave. it sells for $29.99 and has a limited life time warranty, meaning as long as we sell it we swap it under warranty issues. Plus you can always try it for 15 days and return it if dissatisfied. i think we have a new verison of the one that you like... it's a little "tweaked," comes 2 in a pack for $29.98. If I think it's the one you're talking about. I tried to go on the website and view it to try and put a link on here, but no luck, i even tried Jabras site... but alas nothing. Pop in a ato...
(continues)
megs72979

Jan 5, 2005, 9:50 PM
are you joking?
you don't like the selection of headsets?
you are ridiculous.
pizpiz80

Jan 10, 2005, 7:14 PM
I agree. The old long boom headsets that strapped over your head? Those looked retarded. And i've tested both styles, long and no boom, and they both worked fine. I'd just rather not look like i just road in on the short-bus. 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.