Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

Whats the weirdest thing a customer asked you???

dznutts

Jan 29, 2008, 7:26 PM
I really have to ask this question... You work for a wireless company that of course deals with Cell Phones and such! what do you tell a customer when they walk into your store and say

"Um do you guys carry Cell Phones?"

I remeber the first time heard that question from a customer and I didnt know what to say at first then a chuckle followed by a "yeah we got cell phones right here " and the sad thing about it is the customer was right in from of the cell phones...

what is the weirdest thing a customer has said to you?!
techguy22

Jan 29, 2008, 7:31 PM
Suck my toes.... Just kidding but that would be messed up lol. 🤣

On a more serious note One asked where to get the film for her camera.....
Wyldchylde

Jan 29, 2008, 7:57 PM
When I worked in a Sprint COR store I had an old guy walk in and say "So where's the booze?"

Me 🤨 😕 This is Sprint sir, we have cell phones here.

Him "Oh!, I thought this said the Spirit Store!"
Nikoletta

Jan 29, 2008, 8:43 PM
I've had a couple of marriage proposals, one from a French-Canadian (I had a translator on the line as I am not fluent but speak reasonably good French. The translator was outraged.)

And then there was creepy stalker hiccup dude who asked me if I smoked, what color my hair was, how long my hair was and how tall I was.
ReaperTut

Jan 29, 2008, 8:48 PM
i had one of a custies kids ask if i was the new baby daddy... there were for girls no more than year apart and the oldest maybe 7 or 8?? HELL NAH i ain't yo daddy, just cause i helped your mommy with her phone don't mean ima help take careo f you and her needs .. :\ crazy B*tches. and it ain't even like the song... "crazy b*tch" ... just cacacacrazy... lol. don't sweat the small stuff
Armand Goldman

Jan 30, 2008, 12:05 AM
How many satellites does your company have in the area to provide coverage?
DrZoom

Jan 30, 2008, 1:22 PM
customer:"how do i turn on my Razr?"
me:
cust:"yeah, i know how to turn on the phone part, but what about the razor?"
me:"please hold while i rofl"

It just kills me to imagine this guy before the call...standing confused and lathered in front of his bathroom mirror...trying to figger out how to shave with his Motorola...
nodeposit

Jan 30, 2008, 2:11 PM
Will lightning strike a cell phone or does it go straight for the tower?
cilvzwagent

Jan 30, 2008, 4:04 PM
I've got a couple.......

"I'm here to pick up my glasses"
Well, it's apparant you need them, I'm no where near the opticians office, and the big VERIZON WIRELESS signs on the side of my building must not be big enough for you.

"I don't like the apple iphone. Do you have the bananna or orange one? My buddy told me he's gettin the orange one. " (customer thought apple = red, bananna = yellow) Nevermind that I sell VZW.. I think his buddy knew he was ignorant and sent him on a goose chase.
BigShowJB

Jan 31, 2008, 5:57 PM
the only time the banana and orange iPHones are available are when those particular fruits are in harvest season (apples- fall, banana-spring, strawberry-june, etc...)
biscuit

Jan 30, 2008, 4:21 PM
Yesterday a guy called, from what sounded like a bar, to ask me what he needs to do to get a phone. When I got to the credit part he says "I don't got good credit cuz of a bill." So I asked if he had previously had service with us and not paid the bill. He says "No, it's a medical bill that I ain't got the money to pay. What will that mean?"

I don't know, I am not sure how everything affects the credit.
"Well what do you think of a big hospital bill?"
Sir I am not sure, we would have to run credit to find out.
"So then which deposit do you think I would get?"

It just kept going and going. Finally he mumbled something about coming in right away to run credit. He was out of his mind.
ajstrong

Jan 30, 2008, 4:25 PM
I had an obnoxious kid ask me how he could get his phone to stick into cars like the v9m does in the.... sprint? commercial. his parent shushed him.
Iselltheshitoutofphones

Jan 31, 2008, 1:33 AM
"Do you have a hubcap for a '72 pinto?"

Will
murphy21

Jan 31, 2008, 8:38 AM
Customer wanted to place an order over the phone and after asking some informations, when I asked for the credit card information he said " what the hell, am I so dumb that I will give you the credit card number, so that you can take all the money out of it!!!" Well I guess the customer described him well..
jonnygee007

Jan 31, 2008, 2:43 PM
I work for an Indirect Verizon store and once week we get old people that come in looking for Cordelss phone battarys and Answering machines. Im like WTF we are a wireless store and they says verizon on your sign. Yeah Verizon Wireless
Dj Podmaster

Jan 31, 2008, 5:43 PM
I had an older custy (43) ask me (21) if I'm into older woman. This would have been great if her 20 year old daughter wasn't there.
BigShowJB

Jan 31, 2008, 5:54 PM
Dj Podmaster said:
I had an older custy (43) ask me (21) if I'm into older woman. This would have been great if her 20 year old daughter wasn't there.

Its even better if th daughter joins in!!!
Dj Podmaster

Jan 31, 2008, 6:03 PM
LOL!!! We are always told to interact more with our custys.
BigShowJB

Jan 31, 2008, 6:24 PM
hey i've been w a woman 20 yrs older than me...no complaints here well at least not about that one ..
murphy21

Feb 1, 2008, 6:32 AM
A customer was over the phone. I said " Welcome to Exoticphone.com, how may I help you?" And guess what the customer said? well it was kinda like this: " Um.. is this Exoticphone.com??" 🤣
Dj Podmaster

Feb 1, 2008, 9:00 AM
did you use the exoticphone voice? (deep smooth and sexy)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.