Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Indirect Dealers, Be Real For 1 Second Please........

Pure1rish

Jan 28, 2008, 10:53 AM
Seriously,

How long do you think you will last? I know for a fact that the company I'm with has to do any and everything to stay ahead of the compeeitition and make as money as they made last year.

So, as an employee in this delima, I know there are other people out there who are in a similar situation.

The end is near and I have only been in this industry for a year and refuse to work for my company's corporate office because they are apart of the "big brother network"....

What and where will you all Go?

Or will you stick with the ship until it hits the ocean floor?

Just Curious, Thank You All
Foamy

Jan 28, 2008, 10:59 AM
My particular indirect dealer has been in business selling phones since 1984, installing car phones. So, I don't think they'll be tanking after 24 years of being successful.

Only the poorly run ones will tank.
Hombre07

Jan 28, 2008, 11:04 AM
A company can't survive without indirects. The good ones aren't going anywhere. Hell, T-Mobile is using Columbus, OH as a trial market and sold all their COR stores to an agent.
BigShowJB

Jan 28, 2008, 12:34 PM
while companys CAN survive without agent stores, they are better off for having a good mix of agent and corp stores.

with the corporate stores they have to pay their own payroll for their managers, DM, utility and rent expenses, as well as for the demo phones. Of course these expenses (compared to sales) rise and fall.
With dealers however, if sales are slow, that doesnt' hurt the carrier as much, because all they pay the dealer is the $100-%150 commision or what ever, and all the dealer's expenses come out of that, with nothing basically going back against the carrier. it's all a matter of how the carrier wants to get the money.
Pure1rish

Jan 28, 2008, 11:05 AM
Well Same situation here....

This dealer is the eldest in this market, and even if you don't believe it, To get more money now you must go and get it or think outside the box..

1. The Economy is Crumbiling, but that doesn't even matter because Americans will spend every last dime they have on things that don't really matter, so who knows.

2. The CORPORATE Company overseeing this dealer is one that has tried this before and failed, and just becaue they think they can monopolize in the states doesn't mean they will because the economy may say otherwise.

3. People will do the same work for the same pay. Sorry but if people have been getting by already on what they are making, why would they go out and do more for a company without ...
(continues)
Arwinjadaninja

Jan 28, 2008, 12:12 PM
A company will only pay you as much as you can be replaced for. if someone else will do the same work you are doing for the same, then it is really unlikely that they will increase the funds they are giving you.
trueu

Jan 28, 2008, 1:57 PM
T Mobile in Columbus is tanking big time. Most of the stores in Columbus will probably be out of business by the end of the year.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.