Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Sprint: Genius or going under?

Hombre07

Jan 19, 2008, 10:43 PM
So I've been reading about the speculation of Sprint going under. Now as much as this may be a terrible practice, perhaps they are just looking for the best way to maximize profits while they are still in it. The more they piss off customers they more likely they leave. 639,000 customers left. I'm sure some were out. I'm sure some complained until they got out. But how many were just so fed up they paid the ETF? Even if say half did, that's $63.9 million in pocket and generally a company does make more if someone cancels than if someone pays their monthly bill. Hell I had a customer six weeks away that just wanted to cancel and port right now. Wouldn't listen to me about just paying the next bill and being done, they just paid the ETF. So ma...
(continues)
ImmixGuy

Jan 20, 2008, 10:46 AM
Its a theory...but not a sound one.

My line of thinking on that is. if they just wanted ppl to blow them off and pay the ETF, they would have been announcing "....looking into Chapter 11" like most companies do, so the execs dont looks bad.

I think its more of restructuring comming up. They are probably looking at having some sort of Consulting Firm relaying the groundworks of business. its gonna take a few years, but i think it might put them a bit ahead of the game in the end.

639,000 ppl ......quick shot of cash...sounds like upgrade time.
vreaper

Jan 20, 2008, 11:34 AM
we should ask talia about this matter, she seams to have all the facts on sprint and is very passionate in her responses. 😁
aussieguy73120

Jan 20, 2008, 5:26 PM
At less than $9 a piece, its now a prime takeover target as well.... think about.. the bids are on for teh 700mhz spectrum.... who wants a guess at Google/Sprint? or maybe even some asian carrier listing a bid.

Would not be surprised at some merger/takeover comming out soon.

Nice to be a shareholder right now. 😁
talia

Jan 21, 2008, 4:40 AM
haha..yeah im pretty passionate about everything I write about but don't take it the wrong way...I couldn't answer the question either way..sprint is making some bad moves...but I will be here until the company closes or I find a higher paying job...im a debater we have be passinate and believe in what we are saying...but yeah sprint as a company don't know what's going to happen...hopefully the new ceo things will get better...plus I have free phone service if it wasn't for that I would have stayed with tmobile

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.