Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

The mighty split

Dj Podmaster

Jan 16, 2008, 11:24 AM
So my company has realized that it costs to much to cross train everybody on all their product.(wireless, cable, internet ect.) so they have decided to split their stores into 2 parts. The first will deal solely with wireless, the second will deal with everything else.

How badly will this screw me up?

My problem now is as one of the few with clearance on both computer networks, I have to decide if i should go to do wireless only or leave it completely. Any suggestions?
primetastic

Jan 16, 2008, 11:31 AM
if they are making you pick one then its which one will make you more money.. which can you sell more consistently
Dj Podmaster

Jan 16, 2008, 12:32 PM
I make about the same with each. The problem is there is a 60 day hold on wireless commissions and a 2 week hold on the others.
coolestguyinsa

Jan 17, 2008, 8:45 PM
Also you need to remember where you are at, in your area are most areas serviceable for TV, Internet, ect..In my area its a hit and miss. Maybe Internet will be avail and not for TV..Custys want both or nothing. If not I would stay in the wireless arena if you know it well.

Also in order for you to succeed in the non wireless area, you have to build your client base. Kinda like your own business, to do well you need several referals to help you when you are having a slow day. You can make flyers and just talk to people to get ur name out there.

Hope this helps...
Heather

Jan 17, 2008, 9:24 PM
That is crazy that they would split it like that. I get most of my aircards when someone comes in strictly for a phone. I then tell them about it and they get it. You would think that would make your data % go down as a store. No one is going to want to get use to one rep, be sold on it from that rep, then walk across the store to re-tell someone else. That is just my opinion.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.