Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Dumbest question of the day.... so far...(kinda long.sorry)

lilmushr00m

Jan 14, 2008, 2:23 PM
so i was helping a customer when this lady comes into the store and comes and stands at the counter. πŸ‘€ i acknowledge her and let her know that ill be with her in a min...kinda hinting to go have a seat..cause its rude to stand over someone elses shoulder when they are being help.
anyways...the guy that i was helping started to feel uncomfortable with her so he told me to help her. i asked her what i could do for her. basically her phone was turned off for non payment called care to have her pay her bill(because i couldnt access her account. after she is done paying her bill she tells me her phone is still not working. i tell her to turn her phone off and turn it back on............she just stared at me like i was speaking another l...
(continues)
primetastic

Jan 14, 2008, 2:28 PM
😳 i cant.. i dont.. i think thats the dumbest one ive heard in awhile..
lilmushr00m

Jan 14, 2008, 2:30 PM
you wanna here some thing even more weird? this is the 2nd person in two weeks that have asked me the same question. 😳
ucantbeserious

Jan 14, 2008, 2:33 PM
dumbest question i've ever had came from a store representative. Called me for help with a cust. acct. when i asked her for the mobile number we would be working with she said, "whats the mobile number?" i figured she was asking the customer, but when she repeated the question twice I decided to see if she was asking me, and sure enough she was. she had no idea what i meant by mobile number, even though she works as a mobile phone sales person!!!!! 😳 πŸ˜•
primetastic

Jan 14, 2008, 2:48 PM
wow thats even worse.. 😲 she needs to find a new job
cingagent

Jan 19, 2008, 9:35 AM
How about this one...had a girl come in last night and ask me "What promos are you going to have in November '08"....I just stared at her blankly and said "Stop back in seven months and I'll tell ya"
Imajika

Jan 21, 2008, 10:18 PM
Off the top of my head:

1. I've had customers ask about how to turn their phone off.

2. When I asked for the '10 digit mobile number', the customer gave their 7 digit number. When I asked for the area code, they gave me their ZIP code.

3. I've had a customer care rep ask me what an air card was...

Sigh... πŸ™„
Quirken

Jan 21, 2008, 10:43 PM
atleast it was funny to read...kinda needed it after my day in retair biz πŸ˜›
televator

Jan 18, 2008, 4:13 PM
if that's a real story i have grossly underestimated the the people i have to deal with day after day
PhoneyName

Jan 18, 2008, 5:31 PM
M: You can fill out this form to get a $50 mail-in rebate on your phone.

C: Why?

M: πŸ‘€ Because... there's a $50 rebate on this phone...

C: Oh, ok!
techguy22

Jan 18, 2008, 5:35 PM
Custy: (walks up to kiosk) Yeah where can I find that film for my camera phone?

Me: Ummmmm.... What???? 😳
PhonemanJ

Jan 18, 2008, 6:05 PM
Spread the joy. Tell him to go to Wolfe Camera.
MauiBuilt

Jan 21, 2008, 11:21 PM
I work as a prepaid call center rep and prepaid folks are a different breed let me tell you. Moreover, it's mostly prepaid folk from the southeast corner of the country. I've had people ask how to turn on/off their phone. I've asked for 10 digit numbers, then gotten 7 digits and a zip code. I've spent HOURS trying to talk people through puting a SIM card in their phones. My wife took a call the other day from a lady who hadn't been able to use her phone since she activated a couple months ago. She said the screen was just blank. My wife asked her to hold down the red button and the lady thought my wife did some voodoo magic to make her phone work again. There was even a guy today who wanted us to send him a W2 because we charged him tax on h...
(continues)
moval

Jan 23, 2008, 12:42 AM
😁 I had a lady from Georgia one time who it took me 30 mins!!!! 30 minutes!!!!!!!!!!! to program her phone... i gave her her lock code and then asked her to scroll to the word edit and press ok.. ohh no... she couldnt find it.. so i was like ok-- thinking it had a different programming way - so i go to kms and look it up and low and behold its the normal ##lockcode# method.. i was so confused .. she saw view and done... but no edit.. Hmmm... i was puzzled.. then finally after about 20 minutes of trying and re-trying her husband gets on the phone and i was like well thank god maybe hes got some brains... NOPE!!! two peas n a freakin pod they were!!! no brains between the 2 of 'em.. kinda sad... anyway he couldnt get it so he passes back to ...
(continues)
Grim Reaper

Jan 22, 2008, 10:07 AM
M: Thank you for calling Verizon, this is (insert name), how can I help you today?

C: Is this Verizon?

M: (thinking) No, I just wanted to say thank you for calling Verizon just to confuse you!
thwack1083

Jan 22, 2008, 10:24 AM
i work for a flatrate company. all of our plans have unlimited minutes. after i explain to ppl that it is free to talk all the time,they still ask me when their nights and weekends start.
phatbasstard

Jan 22, 2008, 1:05 PM
At least 2 times a week

customer:I charged my phone all night and it still will not work

me😲k let me see (take the phone turn it on) ok all fixed

customer:how did you do that

me:"its magic"

customer: no realy what did you do

me: i turned it on

customer : o feel stuipd

me: dont worry it happens
Mandyc726

Jan 22, 2008, 3:37 PM
" What do you mean remove the battery...This thing has a battery?"

Umm Yes.
donkey_kong86

Jan 22, 2008, 4:11 PM
🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣 i have no comment 🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.