Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

How fair is this? (long, sorry)

turn1animal

Jan 12, 2008, 3:55 PM
SO, in my own personal hell, I mean, call center, we have a bonus based on QA's. The only requirement for us to reiceve the bonus is that we be employed the first and last day of the month and get a certain average on our calls (no problem here, I am excellent on quality). The bonus is like 300 bucks a month for 4 months to be paid in Feb. Well they made a mistake and paid out one month in December and now they are taking back the whole 300 (we paid taxes on it in DEC) and not adjusting our taxes and then re-paying it in Feb for us to pay taxes again. First, does it seem fair that we have to pay back the bonus in the first place (since we rightfully earned the bonus) and that they are not adjusting the tax? Just another thing that makes...
(continues)
Notorious

Jan 12, 2008, 3:57 PM
Affiliated Computer Services...
rivers9180

Jan 12, 2008, 6:56 PM
we had a similar situation in retail where commissions could not be calculated, so we were paid guarantee (100%)and any overpay or underpay was reconciled 4 months later. i lost a lot of money on my commissions check, some people lost over $750.00, on Sprints error( I still feel like mine was calculated wrong). It didnt even show what we were getting paid until 2 days before the checks came out... not easy to set a budget that way, i have a mortgage, car payments, school loans, etc. to pay!!!

On top of this we get paid on our commission checks for upgrades. But in 2007 it was $3.50 for the handset upgrade and $3.50 for the 2 yr contract renewal (if it qualified). Upgrades are never correct in the commissions portal, and only 6.5% of my up...
(continues)
WhoDey

Jan 13, 2008, 12:21 PM
SCREW THEM AND THEIR COMMISSIONS STATEMENTS

I cant believe a thing they say ..."Oh we're making commissions better"

You know, in the same 6 month period last year compared to this year, I made 5000 dollars MORE last year.

Yep, thats what happens when they "reorganize" commissions structure and make 30% of it your upgrades, then set your quota to nearly 100 a month in order to attain your goals.. and then STILL cant pay me right on the ones that I actually do.
monkeyracer

Jan 13, 2008, 4:13 PM
I feel your pain, I'm trying to put together a website where employees can go to submit their grievances against the commission structure, and hopefully maybe something will actually get done.

What about if your quota is higher one month and then a customer deactivates in a lower quota month, you lose more money than you originally were paid. So in effect we are paying to sell phones for them. (Not to mention the fact that even though they get the activation, cancellation and monthly fees, they still charge us back for activations after 30 days and up to 180 days.)
DenSprintMan

Jan 13, 2008, 4:24 PM
I understand where you all are coming from - But do you think the company will actually care?? - They don't want to pay out commissions - That's why they make it so difficult and when you do submit appeals - They deny them or have you send it to your manager for them to submit another apeal - Only to have no manger or not have a manager want to do it! - GO FIGURE!!!
labellavita

Jan 13, 2008, 7:16 PM
i had that exact thing happen to me at sprint. they paid my guaranteed commission which is $750 but i had taken a lot of pto so my check was only like $300. i called several times and every person i talked to said that money would not be taken out or repaid because it was sprints error. so i spend the money and a few months later i get a negative commission check. they decided to take back the money from my commission check without even saying anything. and i got taxed for the money they originally gave me and then again when they deducted it from my commission. 👿 👿 👿
BigShowJB

Jan 14, 2008, 8:12 PM
contact your state labor department-wages division
TmobileGirl28

Jan 13, 2008, 2:31 PM
oh yeah i def understand this, I also work for an out sourced piece of ish company for tmo. And it realllly sucks!! They never get my paychecks/bonuses right. The management SUCKS. Noone here has the same answer to any of my questions. Its like, go ask so and so, oh im sry i cant help you go ask him...and so on. Then our site director is a douche. Our turn over rate is rediculous. The pay sucks, when you do get paid. You get a write up for anything, and it used to be you would start w/ a step one. Nope, it goes to an automatic step two now. And everyone here is just so dumb, seriously, i have great grades and the whole nine, but they wont put me on floor support. But they will throw a band new RIGHT out of training agent on floor support a...
(continues)
captainplooky

Jan 14, 2008, 12:03 PM
It's not fair, it's tax fraud.

I'd consider reporting it.

http://www.irs.gov/compliance/enforcement/article/0, ... »
aussieguy73120

Jan 14, 2008, 12:12 PM
Do you work for Sprint?
They did teh same thing when I was there.

I'd speak with your tax advisor, its' affecting 2 years taxes!

I hate it when a company tries that garbage.
ucantbeserious

Jan 14, 2008, 3:21 PM
i work for the same company, and when are they charging that money back? i didn't have anything charged back on my check on friday, and i haven't heard anything about it.
rivers9180

Jan 14, 2008, 4:18 PM
My commission check was charged back about 4 months ago, but i beleive the original post was referring to a call center employee
turn1animal

Jan 15, 2008, 11:42 AM
They decided not to take back our bonus. Woo.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.