Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

I hate my call center

turn1animal

Jan 11, 2008, 6:02 PM
There is so much that is wrong with this call center I work for. I work for an outsourced call center so I ALWAYS lie to the customers right off. Thanks for calling (company name). I don't work for them. I work for a multi-national corporation that doesn't care about the customers. All they care about is the bottom line of thier company. I needed a credit above my limit that was totally valid because of our mistake. I had to leave my cube and ask 4 different sups to give me the credit because they didn't want their stats to go down because they give too much credit. Even though they admitted that it was our bad. We are cracking down on our handle time and yet when I have to search for 10 minutes to find someone to credit for this, h...
(continues)
ucantbeserious

Jan 11, 2008, 6:41 PM
i totally 100% completely feel your pain, its the same thing here, granted for the most part management in my center rocks, but there are a few bad apples. my big complaint is you as 10 people the same question, and get 10 different answers. it really sucks when you argue with a customer for 10 minutes over something you've been told is law, only to have them esc. and the sup you find says no thats not the way to do things we've never done it that way. arghhh soooo frustrating. ok im done now lol
labellavita

Jan 11, 2008, 7:10 PM
let me guess you work for sprint? i work in a retail store and when i call in to get justified credits i get the runaround. it is such a pain!
ucantbeserious

Jan 11, 2008, 8:10 PM
that could be because of the reps who call in constantly asking for valid credits. I know we shouldn't take it out on you or other reps who dont ask for invalid ones, but it gets tough sometimes. on behalf of everyone being difficult, sorry 😁
labellavita

Jan 11, 2008, 9:17 PM
i totally understand how hard it is to work in a call center. you get no face to face interaction and you only deal with problems, you never get to show products and chat with customers but it seems like everyone i get is very unfriendly and unhappy. you call sales support and they say they cant help you so they transfer you to say, billing. then the rep at billing says no sales support needs to help you so they need to transfer you back. when you have a customer sitting with you and you cant get them any resolution on a valid issue it is very frustrating. i wish sprint would allow us to credit in store that would make my job(and yours) so much easier. my old manager allowed me to do credits(im a lead so i have codes to do so) but my n...
(continues)
WhoDey

Jan 13, 2008, 12:24 PM
You can do credits, it only hits your incremental discounting if they have activated a phone recently (I think its 30 days.. but may be 180.. not totally sure)
Credit away!!! lol

(note: dont get mad at me if you get written up)
labellavita

Jan 13, 2008, 7:11 PM
i have the ability to do credits but i want to keep my job so i dont. i credited like a dollar fifty for a customer who had pcs data and was livide about the $1.50 and i got an email about it saying we do not do credits in store...ever... sprint is so backwards sometimes
MauiBuilt

Jan 21, 2008, 11:29 PM
In my call center, all reps have a credit limit of 20 dollars per cust/per call that we can give without getting in trouble, at all. We are totally justified in hooking our customers up and our management encourages it, to make sure our customers are happy. We may not have the best customer service out there, but I think that's a pretty sweet way to do business.
Arwinjadaninja

Jan 27, 2008, 2:44 PM
Yeah, we just got the go ahead on $35 credits for any reason at all. More for escalated situations. it's pretty sweet. 😁
a Girl

Jan 11, 2008, 10:21 PM
what center?
turn1animal

Jan 12, 2008, 3:48 PM
Sprint center. In the northwest. In Oregon. With a bunch of butt-kissers. I'm one of the most knowledgeable agents there and yet I'm on the edge of getting fired because I don't "offer" enough crap to customers that they don't need. I hate my job because its a moving target, and even when I do get a bonus, they screw me on that. Now I have to pay double taxes on it because they paid me my bonus too early. I really hope the job I interviewed for the other day goes through, otherwise, I'm going to become a hard core drinker to drown out my sorrows.
spazebar

Jan 22, 2008, 8:28 AM
Same boat at my center doesnt matter how much you know only how much you increase their profit margins. "dear sir I know you are 200 mins below your 550 min plan each month but would you like to add 6pm nights and weekends for $20 a month?"
oldtimer_sprint

Jan 24, 2008, 8:29 AM
Oh well at least you have the chance for getting the bonus. Me however, I still have to offer even though I only have p2k. I get the sell percentage most of the time, but I can not get a bonus because I am locked out of the system. I have been locked out for five months. I hit the top tier the very first month for sales, come in one Saturday morning and my premiere log in is gone! Been in limbo about the log ins ever since. Also, cant get any tech log ins either. So I have to trouble shoot phones without any solutions, no access to network tools, and get to see only half of the account billing.

And Sprint wants us to improve customer service. Sprint cant even get a stupid log in fixed in under five months. Back as far as 2000 it...
(continues)
oldtimer_sprint

Jan 25, 2008, 10:53 PM
somebody must be reading this.
🤣 finally got my premiere log in back!

Now can you please work on the tech logins?
😈
mottelerj

Jan 22, 2008, 10:07 AM
i work in an outsourced scetner in southern indiana i feel your pain! lol but i love where i work but no matter where you go there will always be a couple things youwish you could change...
rainbow_metals

Jan 21, 2008, 8:34 PM
well i work in a call center and we are told not to issue credits for a store rep so that is why you always have a hard time.
vzwutter

Jan 22, 2008, 12:36 AM
who doesn't hate working in a call center? c'mon, be real
mottelerj

Jan 22, 2008, 10:02 AM
which one do you work at?
newfette

Jan 22, 2008, 10:04 AM
wow you're kinda whiny
tcaccent

Jan 28, 2008, 3:20 PM
I feel for you...I am currently blocked from giving any adjustments at all..so I have to call the help desk to get an adj put through...wait time for the help desk varies greatly(up to 15 min)....Our center is also cracking down on transfers...we have to raise our hand to get permission to xfer a customer..wait time for that up to 5 min....and they wonder why our handle time is so high 😈
spazebar

Jan 28, 2008, 3:38 PM
Our center went thu that back in October I think it was then we kind of gradually stopped as it was really stupid on the wait times.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.