Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

Hitting on customers

fyredawg

Jan 11, 2008, 12:17 PM
So I ran into a situation where I was helping this (very attractive) girl out with her phone, and I was gettin "the vibe" from her, ya know? So I flirted with her a bit and got her number. Did I break salesman-customer etiquette?
Guy Montag

Jan 11, 2008, 12:24 PM
Lose her as a customer for ever if you don't follow up, or if she felt pressured into giving it to you. It's best for business if you just let moments like that pass by.
fyredawg

Jan 11, 2008, 12:25 PM
I didn't activate her or sell anything to her, she just came to me with a phone issue.
chainsaw

Jan 11, 2008, 12:38 PM
And the difference is....
Guy Montag

Jan 11, 2008, 12:44 PM
Even "customers" that do not purchase from you on this occasion may come back and purchase in the future. By hitting on this Girl the OP may have lost that potential for life. Not to mention the others that she may have referred if she feels in any way scorned or pressured.
ReaperTut

Jan 11, 2008, 2:15 PM
so i'm gonna take a shot in the dark. but are you in a supervisory position or a DM?
Crapbag

Jan 11, 2008, 2:32 PM
Just a sales associate. I don't like to miss out on future sales opportunities though. I usually tells custies who try to tip me to keep their cash and refer friends instead.
ReaperTut

Jan 11, 2008, 2:36 PM
i got left a 5 dollar tip and a pack of smokes. i kept tellin the lady that its my job, and i was happy to help, there is no need to tip, that i cannot except, a simple thank you would suffice. and went to the back to put a phone away.. i come back out, and she's gone. but there was a pack of smokes and a 5 dollar bill on my counter.. it was closing time.. so i ended up takin it.. but it was wierd.
Crapbag

Jan 11, 2008, 2:49 PM
A pack of smokes?!?!?

I had two customers bring me coffee from starbucks. It was nice.
ReaperTut

Jan 11, 2008, 2:55 PM
see, that i could accept. but smokes and money. i am; a smoker, but . who tips with cancer sticks? promote health, not demote
BigShowJB

Jan 11, 2008, 3:39 PM
I had a customer that needed help setting up voicemail on a prepaid line that they didn't even buy from me send me dinner from Ruby Tuesday's one time.

waitress came up to my kiosk with a menu and her order book and asked me what I wanted for dinner. I started looking around for the hidden cameras.
ReaperTut

Jan 11, 2008, 4:56 PM
that beats the crap out of my story... i just had a custie bluetooth the funniest but gross video.. testing out his phone. i think he knew what he was doin.. but that video is permantly burned into my brain. that was my tip of the year. "do not let custies bluetooth images to your phone!!"
BigShowJB

Jan 11, 2008, 3:42 PM
I got a lapdance plus $20 when I delivered a bunch of pizzas to a bachelor party once.
shellis129

Jan 11, 2008, 11:58 PM
Dude, hit on her. Screw the commission. She was obviously interested in you if she gave you her digits. And who knows, maybe she turns out to be "the one", you end up marrying her, all her friends and family end up going to you for all their cell phone needs and now look at the commission coming in!

All because you hit on a customer...
chainsaw

Jan 11, 2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah, you are a creep.
fyredawg

Jan 11, 2008, 12:40 PM
☚ī¸
chainsaw

Jan 11, 2008, 12:43 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ don't take me serious.
poweredup

Jan 11, 2008, 1:16 PM
nope, hes a creep! đŸ¤Ŗ but seriously, when you break professionalism its not good from a customer stand point, what if she really wasnt "sending the vibe" and just acts that way to everyone. i have passed on "oh my god i think i just found the woman i want to marry" and kept it professional many times. try to keep the meeting woman on your personal time.
or look at it this way, do everything you do with the attitude that your manager is standing right behind you.
Sizen

Jan 11, 2008, 12:53 PM
well.............it depends on how hot she is. 😎
Verizon_Indirect_HBIC

Jan 11, 2008, 1:46 PM
Being a woman and being a sales person I would say no you did not. I actually met my fiance in this exact situation... We worked in the same mall and I had just stopped by the booth to ask some questions. We didn't really know eachother, and I had never really seen him but apparently he noticed me. But to make a long story short if she didn't want you to have her number she wouldn't have given it to you. In this kind of job you get to meet all kinds of people and your start to read peoples body language. Either way its no big deal.
chainsaw

Jan 11, 2008, 2:11 PM
Well, I don't know about you, but I usually get all my customers numbers. Otherwhise I can't help them.
Verizon_Indirect_HBIC

Jan 11, 2008, 2:14 PM
I usually get all my customers number too, but there is a difference between getting the number for work purposes and getting a their number and using at for non-work purposes. 😉
chainsaw

Jan 11, 2008, 2:18 PM
really?
ReaperTut

Jan 11, 2008, 2:20 PM
3 cheers, hip hip z;;hooray:: hip hip :::hooray::: hip hip :::hooray::: .. i agree with you about the getting a number and "getting" the number. .. i don't give out my number at work. but have been told a few times that it'd be "ok" if i wanted to call them after hours.. lol. i have yet to call them. it takes the fun out of the chase .. 😛
dssl

Jan 11, 2008, 2:04 PM
were you nice? if you are nice and dont pressure and just go for a drink your cool. If you become a jerk to her then yeah thats not cool.
ReaperTut

Jan 11, 2008, 2:09 PM
uhm, if you have to ask yourself that. then yes. if you don't get caught.. then no. i'd go with no, 😈
BigShowJB

Jan 11, 2008, 2:22 PM
no bangin on company time 😉 😎 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.