Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

My issue with Flexpay......

paddyoc

Jan 7, 2008, 2:29 PM
I am really curious as to why (besides the no-contract) people would rather spend 150 that they will never get back on a phone and flexpay when they have an alternative of paying a 150 deposit that they will get back in a year and getting a similar if not better phone for free with contract.... I don't understand....
ayotech

Jan 7, 2008, 2:42 PM
I would never want to be on it... but as a sales rep, it makes the consumers feel like they have the power... they are so used to these crazy deposit amounts from at&t and verizon, that no deposit no credit check is pretty appealing...
Nikoletta

Jan 8, 2008, 5:41 PM
Well if they really want T-Mobile service and they were approved for the non-contract (which is to say they have to pay for the phone full retail) then they aren't approved for a $150 deposit, the deposit that they can pay is a $500 deposit.

That version of FlexPay is only for the people with the absolute worst credit, the vast majority of the people wo are approved for FlexPay are approved for the contract lines which DO get the discounts on the phones. The rest of the charge at the time of setup is just the first month's plan, which they have to pay no matter what, either right there or on the first bill, so T-Mo is just covering it's back by saying you have to pay now.

FlexPay also has the enormous benefit of never having overage c...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.