Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Security Deposit Question and Story

hardcorehavok

Jan 5, 2008, 12:43 PM
I had a guy come in yesterday to migrate from Cell One and add a line. I migrated his line, but the new line came up with a $500 deposit. I thought for sure he'd tell me to forget it, but he just turned to his dad and offered to go half and half. The guy paid the $500 deposit AND $200 for phones. If you have bad credit, how can you afford a $500 deposit? Shouldn't you be paying off your debts?

Does AT&T have stricter credit check and deposit policies than other carriers?

I used to be a Cell One agent and we hardly ever had a credit check come back with a deposit higher that $125. Since the migration to AT&T, I have had over a dozen potential new customers come back with $750 deposits. Many of them have told me that Verizon was only ask...
(continues)
chainsaw

Jan 5, 2008, 12:49 PM
Different carriers look at different things between the 3 credit bureaus. In my experience, at&t is one of the stricter ones but for good reason. Most people have deposits because they don't pay their bills.
BigShowJB

Jan 5, 2008, 1:39 PM
ATT and verizon can afford to have higher deposits because of their customer base.
Sprint and Smellular One are/were in a little different situation fighting to increase their customer base.
mogulchic21

Jan 5, 2008, 3:44 PM
Wow that's crazy. I know that verizon's deposits can be wicked high if you had either bad credit or no credit. I've seen Verizon want $1000 before. 😲 Sprint's deposits aren't too bad since the highest that I've ever seen for Sprint is $500 and that was extremely rare. So that's craziness and yea if you need a deposit like that you should definitely pay your bills!!!!
BigShowJB

Jan 5, 2008, 4:37 PM
right now sdprints highest is 250 & that's if you had a writeoff with sprint or nextel
alltelbran

Jan 5, 2008, 6:59 PM
alltel i think is one of the highest .. on a daily base i have cust. come in and have 1000 deposit ... like 2 or 3 aday / then they flip out on us like it our faught they dont pay thier bills
rtcarradine

Jan 6, 2008, 10:34 AM
What about T-mobile how are their deposits?
ajstrong

Jan 6, 2008, 2:55 PM
a little fyi: VZ dep. are $125 and $400. nothing higher, nothing in between.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.