Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Gorilla Glue at a kiosk..

ReaperTut

Dec 28, 2007, 7:47 PM
😲 all i can say right now, are my hands are "tied" .. people that don't know how to seal up glue bottles should not be allowed to play with them.. cause i just spent that last hour gettin all mcguyver on my kioske to keep my phones from being stolen or fallin off the lines.. all i had was a bottle of gorilla glue, a leatherman tool, and too much free time. i had to crack the dried glue, then remove the inner top (the funnel part) from the part where it does actually come off, and then let some glunk out (yes new word) put it back on, and all this took me about 45 minutes to do.. start to finish... and i almost got my fingers glued to the leatherman 😲 😳 🤭 but did i pass the time succesfuly.. yes.. did i have fun... maybe a l...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Dec 28, 2007, 8:37 PM
Around here... Things that should not be allows around many of my co-workers...

Coins, beans, balls, or any other small hard or semi-hard objects that are of an easily thrown size. - They will be thrown. Hard. We had a girl end up in the Immediate Care unit because she got hit in the eye by a flying stress ball.

Cans of compressed Air - The type you use to clean dust out of computers. They will spray each other with it. Somebody will get (and has gotten) frostbite from it.

Coffee - A large number of the jokers who pretend to work around here cannot seem to drink coffee and work at a desk at the same time. They spill it everywhere and guess who ends up cleaning it up? Yeah, that's me, the maid.
ReaperTut

Dec 28, 2007, 8:53 PM
whoa, you pinned some of the obvious ones that i should stay away from.. we had a stress ball that i would play catch with, throwing and catching with both hands. (ie, throw with left hand, catch with right, throw with right hand, catch with left, etc) and this was using the beam that held the lights inplace at the kiosk. there have been a few occasions where i missed the beam and almost hit pedestrians ;x .. just a small example.. then again, i've also thrown it purposely at the foot a cute chick to get her to pick it up to come talk to me ;x .. hey, im a sales person, i can use what i got can't i?
BigShowJB

Dec 29, 2007, 10:49 AM
who would need Stress balls at your workplace nik? I cannt think of 🙄 ANYTHING 🙄 that would stress you guys out!!! 🤣 🤣
Jennyboo

Dec 28, 2007, 8:45 PM
I can't drink those frozen coffee drinks with whipped cream on top in the kiosk cause I always spill them.....always no fail
AnWrOoTbEeR

Dec 30, 2007, 11:04 AM
I never really had to make any serious repairs at my job... except once. When we hired this HUGE guy, and he sat on our kiosk door and it bowed and split. So we had to glue it and clamp it together overnight.

I also have witnessed one of the stores across from our kiosk have to gorilla glue some signs to their ceiling. (The one's that hang from hooks in the windows). Because they kept falling down. Currently, they have 3 huge chunks of ceiling missing b/c they couldn't take it off when they had to change the signs. 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.