Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

was i wrong for not changing the upgrade date?

dalily21

Dec 23, 2007, 12:11 AM
i had an indirect store rep calling in. the customers phone was broken, not eligible for an upgrade til april so the only thing we offer them is 1 yr pricing. now thats only available at a direct store or cs, plus the rep had already been denied from coos for that upgrade. if i changed the date they wld be eligible for 2 year pricing, the customer had barely been with us 2 years, what would anyone else have done?
OfAMightDivine

Dec 23, 2007, 12:20 AM
Told them to stuff it.
BigShowJB

Dec 23, 2007, 8:37 AM
1st contract customer? No way unless it is a severe problem account (carriers and reps fault's - not the customers)
Jennyboo

Dec 23, 2007, 4:26 PM
Why should you have changed the date? They are eligible for what they are eligible for, if you did it for that customer (who hadn't even been with us 2 years) then that would mean all customers like that should get their date changed too. Not happening. So you weren't wrong, I think it would've been wrong if you had done it.
devilsmafia

Dec 23, 2007, 6:22 PM
I work for a VZW indirect. Anytime a rep can get my customer approved for an early upgrade, I love that rep. It means a commission for us. Approve all early upgrade requests please, LOL.
spazebar

Dec 23, 2007, 8:11 PM
Im kinda undecided id have to see the account in a trpical situation I wouldn't give the early upgrade. With other factors though I would put it forward theres the whole customer service part of our job. Sometimes we serve the customer best by bending a rule and sometimes we save them from going out of control by enforcing them strictly.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.