Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 39 replies

why the Sprint hate???

rivers9180

Dec 18, 2007, 5:16 PM
i am well aware that sprint sucks... but so do most other carriers at one thing or another, thats why the cellular industry is ranked so low for customer service as a whole.

why the Sprint hate? i need more than Sprint sucks. That is un-original, everyone else has said it...

give me reasons, except the fact that you think you look cool for saying that Sprint sucks (because you don't)

i don't bash other carriers, not because i can't, i just choose not to. ..
aschehl

Dec 18, 2007, 6:14 PM
When I had Sprint my coverage was horrible, data speeds were slow, and customer service was not very helpful with questions or concerns.
This wasn't a one time experience either.
BigShowJB

Dec 19, 2007, 9:26 AM
how long ago did you have sprint
hardcorehavok

Dec 18, 2007, 6:15 PM
I used to live in a town that had all five major carriers. Out of the five, Sprint had the worst...everything! They had the worst customer service. They had the worst coverage and cellular service. They had the worst phones. Overall, they did suck. Personally, I do not have Sprint and never have and, based on the comments I have heard from friends, neighbors and customers, I never will. I understand that no wireless carrier is perfect, but most people I have talked to say that Sprint is the worst of the Big Five.

I would guess that you have and/or sell Sprint. Thus when someone bad mouths Sprint, you get offended. I am the same way. I have had Cingular/AT&T for six years. I have worked for them for two. When someone bad mouths AT&T, I get...
(continues)
rivers9180

Dec 18, 2007, 6:35 PM
Yes i do sell Sprint, and while i do not agree with the majority of decisions/policies, i do not think that it is the worst carrier ever.
i have had sprint for a while now (even before i was selling it) because it works better than any other carrier in my area (i fully realize this is not the nationwide case). I have an internet card, and have used both verizons and Cingular/AT&Ts and they have not worked as well as my sprint where i need it to.

I hear bad things about both Verizon and AT&T (as well as centennial and alltel) on a daily basis, but realize that these are problems all carriers have. i think that Sprint is not handling the complaints particularly well compared to others, and it is causing a negative perception. Hopefully th...
(continues)
fyredawg

Dec 19, 2007, 12:08 PM
While it may be true that it takes 5 years for a merger to show true success or failure, I believe Sprint showed true success by showing us in less than 5 years that their merger was a failure! ๐Ÿคฃ

But on a serious note, yes, the merger is STILL happening. Technology is way behind the goals they set when Sprint and Nextel merged back in September of 2005. They still can't fully decide which network platforms to utilize, and they're still having major issues on converting customers onto the unified billing platform. They've been covering good ground with that recently, but the problem is that some dealers are still adding new customers to the older billing system which they are trying to shut down.

I at one point did sell phone ...
(continues)
WhoDey

Dec 21, 2007, 5:40 PM
fyredawg said:
They've been covering good ground with that recently, but the problem is that some dealers are still adding new customers to the older billing system which they are trying to shut down. ๐Ÿคจ

I set customers up in P2K ALL THE TIME.
It works... period, Ensemble is worthless, creates errors out of non issues (on the phone right now trying to get one taken care of.. guess what the ultimate solution is... rebuild the account in P2K and then do the upgrade so the billing system wont flip out and crash every time we try it.)

Ensemble is the cause of the issues.. no doubt about it what-so-ever.
It has made my life hell, and the conversions have made customers lives hell.
evolver812

Dec 8, 2008, 3:02 PM
trust me, there are more problems when you set up an acct in p2k...stop it...you're the reason that when the acct is converted to ensemble everything is messed up. i can't tell you how many calls i get..."i was paying for unlim sms and now i don't have it and i have an overage" yes ensemble is a b!tch to work w/ but i get past it...so can everybody else...it cost sprint credits...those credits do matter whether you know it or not...our center is closing in january because it is not fiscally possible to maintain. which takes us back to the original problem/solution it could all be avoided if it was done right in the first place
ElTriste

Dec 8, 2008, 5:41 PM
Comparing the mergers isn't technically possible. ATT and Cingular were both gsm/tdma technology. A merger like that is incredibly simple. All it became was a billing change, and pissed off ATT customers losing thier incredibly sweet plans. iDEN and CDMA are completely different technologies. That's what made the merger so complex, and honestly, a bad idea. But sprint is revamping thier network, and with the addition of mobile WiMax, they're prime to rise to the top. And even now...NO carrier in the us can compare to sprint in terms of data speed. BTW, I live in an area where the big FOUR (att, sprint, verizion, t-mo) all spend big money on, and my sprint works everywhere, and EVDO is SWEET. Faster then ANY ATT phone we sell, and my centro h...
(continues)
chainsaw

Dec 18, 2007, 6:48 PM
Sprint sucks for the following reasons

Their customer churn levels are absolutely horrible.

They have had 3 different ceo's in the last year

The nextel merger was a disaster

They follow poor billing practices

There customer service reps are ill informed and are not inhouse, they are contracted through teleperformance USA (this isn't the reps fault, it is sprint and teleperformance's fault for having poor management and operation procedures and policies.

My dad had them and absolutely hated them

My friend sells all carriers but at&t and says that sprint is the worst carrier he sells.
rivers9180

Dec 18, 2007, 7:04 PM
... so youre telling me that it is nothing you have dealt with directly?

were you one of those kids on their dads account that charged up a fortune with data/text/downloads, and the dad b!tched when he had to pay for it?

What billin practices are not legit?

Gary Forsee was the CEO since 2003, and Paul Saleh was only an acting ceo during the search to replace forsee.

I agree with the churn, but this follows my response above, in that it is the comp plans of the reps, we are not paid for retention...

The Nextel merger had to happen to remain competitive, i just dont think that the integration was planned/executed well.

i am not a sprint lover, i have many ,many issues myself. i am just trying to understand all of the hate, a...
(continues)
chainsaw

Dec 18, 2007, 7:49 PM
You asked for my personal reasons and you got them, don't try and get in a flame war when you are asking loaded questions here.

Why would I want to try and experience first hand what sprint is like when I have so many people who are close to me tell me no to. Its like telling someone that it is snowing outside and to drive safe then you go out and speed on bald tires.

Reputations are around for a reason.
aschehl

Dec 18, 2007, 7:58 PM
I'm not paid for retention either but I sure as hell give every customer all I've got. An old customer you make happy may get a new for you. Face it, word of mouth is better then any ad campaign.
chainsaw

Dec 18, 2007, 8:16 PM
Amen!
ayotech

Dec 18, 2007, 8:24 PM
Every Carrier has there benefits and weaknesses... it all depends on where you are and what you need...
Sprintguy2007

Dec 18, 2007, 9:50 PM
ayotech said:
Every Carrier has there benefits and weaknesses... it all depends on where you are and what you need...

I think this is the most rational thing said in this whole Sprint hate post
rivers9180

Dec 18, 2007, 8:31 PM
its not that i will not help an existing customer, i will help them all i can.

That said, i will not take any unrealistic demands from them ( i am refering to the ones that say i am a long time customer... if you dont do this i am going to leave).

i am aware of the word of mouth idea, as i am seeing in these forums, where it all appears to be word of mouth...

in my area the service of most other carriers is extremely weak... i have experienced this first hand, but i dont say vzw or att sucks...
chainsaw

Dec 18, 2007, 8:40 PM
But they do suck, they all suck, sprint just sucks harder and in more areas.
oldtimer_sprint

Dec 20, 2007, 11:19 PM
Whatever dude.
coolestguyinsa

Dec 19, 2007, 12:37 PM
I have Sprint and used to work for Sprint, I think the reason there are people who dont like Sprint because they dont understand Sprint. People need to understand that if they live in a small town their coverage and or speeds for Internet use will be slower then average. If you live in the large part of the 30 markets of the country you should not have a problem. Also people who have Sprint should be greatful that most locations have technicians on hand to find your handset or try and replace it there in the store.
lmn

Dec 8, 2008, 1:57 PM
I am hoping someone can give me some insight, I have been a sprint customer for at least 12 years. Recently I purchased two news phone and received a credit and returned two phones (signed signature) total credits should be 3. they continually call and harrass me about having a late payment, I have received two of the credits but I had to fight for them, they continually say that it takes 2 billing cycles and they will process the credit immediately still I get the annoying phone calls. At this point I would like to get out of my contract I am sick of dealing with them at least 15 calls hours and hours of my time and not to mention my blood pressure is up when I talked to them, they say I can not get out of my contract without paying 200....
(continues)
usccsucks

Dec 8, 2008, 2:18 PM
Why not just start a new one? ๐Ÿ‘€
lmn

Dec 8, 2008, 2:30 PM
did not realize it just learning - what do you suggest.
liquidfire

Dec 8, 2008, 4:11 PM
i suggest that you dont dig in pages upon pages of threads and post in the middle of one that is a year old.
yoboy8

Dec 8, 2008, 4:36 PM
go to alltel ๐Ÿ˜
ajlineman

Dec 8, 2008, 5:16 PM
First of all this is Shop Talk, a place for AGENTS to talk about things that pertain to their every day job, so I think you would most likely get a better response in a forum that will deal with troubleshooting or questions for your carrier.
Also I agree, posting in the middle of a large thread asking for help will not get a good response... no one can see it, start a new thread.
Once again, I would also suggest not pulling up threads from a year ago, with all the buy outs, mergers, introduction of new technologies, and restructuring of all the wireless carriers most of the information you are reading will most likely not apply...
Tmo Slave

Dec 8, 2008, 2:31 PM
Maybe you should have posted a new post instead of necro posting in a thread from a year ago.

NO NECRO POSTING! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
computerking

Dec 19, 2007, 12:58 PM
and he flat out tells his customer NOT to call customer service because they will f'up the account. He admits coverage sucks outside of major cities.

I call him inside of our main city (100k pop) and he cant even talk inside of his small house.

Data speeds here are great when you have coverage.

So the two big things are customer service and coverage.
computerking

Dec 19, 2007, 12:59 PM
๐Ÿ™‚ typo
chainsaw

Dec 19, 2007, 1:04 PM
I Was going to say weird, I work for SPring lol.
BigShowJB

Dec 20, 2007, 2:51 PM
you didn't spell it C-Ring ๐Ÿ˜ณ
cellb1tch

Dec 20, 2007, 1:33 PM
...spring was involved in a huge lawsuit a few years ago because they were illegally putting charges on customer's accounts to raise their stock so they could make more money. that's why i don't like sprint.

however, i love the fact that sprint cancels out their 'problem' customers because the a$$holes call into customer care too many times!! that should be an industry standard!!!
oldtimer_sprint

Dec 20, 2007, 11:17 PM
Yeah it should be the standard. Mean nasty customers finally told where to get off the Merry go Round. However, it has opened some new cans of worms. Seems the media kinda twisted how and why the customer's were let go. A whole new breed of mean and twisted people came out of the woodwork. ๐Ÿคฃ Frankly, I would have just routed their calls to a dead end que with really obnoxious music. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Jennyboo

Dec 20, 2007, 11:19 PM
๐Ÿ˜ˆ I like that idea
oldtimer_sprint

Dec 20, 2007, 11:38 PM
Beats sending them to Spanish Telesales! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ I had a friend who did this constantly, and well you know. His screams were very funny to hear that night! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
ayotech

Dec 20, 2007, 11:41 PM
when they released customers i laughed
(i worked for t-mobile), but at the same time thought it was an idiots move...
(i work for sprint now) ๐Ÿ˜•

they should have fixed the issues or started charging to call customer care...

*two things Sprint couldn't do...*
oldtimer_sprint

Dec 20, 2007, 11:50 PM
You are up way past your bed time. These were customers who did NOT have a problem that was not addressed. These were people who were calling for no real reason and packing the ques.
And yes Sprint used to charge a fee to the customer for calling all time. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ I applied it many a time. Usually they were Asl accounts. And that is what most of the ones I had call in after they got the letter were as well. However it did achieve the desired results! Call volume got lighter and the customers are nicer and more respectful.
ayotech

Dec 21, 2007, 12:08 AM
if i knew i could irritate a carrier enough to waive my cancelation fee and put my balance at $0.00 I would definitely do that if they are that dumb in letting it happen... remember "oldtimer" i am from t-mobile (good customer service)*

even rude, abusive, idiot customers are customers...

*mostly
oldtimer_sprint

Dec 21, 2007, 12:21 AM
Well actually T-mobile customer care is not that great anymore. You are limited in what you can credit for on the accounts. There are alot of things Sprint reps can do that T-mobile reps can not. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

In any business you are going to have people who will just complain to just complain. Issues were resolved, and they are still not happy. I have seen accounts where customer's have called in over 200 times in one day, these are the type of customer's Sprint got rid of.
ayotech

Dec 21, 2007, 12:25 AM
ok... ok...

re-routing doesn't seem like such a bad idea...

and as long as it's not metro pcs, customer service isn't that bad....

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.