Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 31 replies

Working for one, using another!

aschehl

Dec 18, 2007, 1:05 PM
I have Verizon. I work for an Alltel agent. Is that so wrong?
Debo

Dec 18, 2007, 1:13 PM
No, it's just a little harder to demo a service for a custy if you don't have/ can't get it on your phone.

I had the big pink when I started working for a Verizon indirect. There's nothing wrong with that.
beeferjay

Dec 18, 2007, 1:19 PM
big pink

🤤

t-mobile is better anyway.
aschehl

Dec 18, 2007, 1:21 PM
Not here. Not one GSM carrier gets service here.
beeferjay

Dec 18, 2007, 1:28 PM
sucks to be you.

but VZW is moving to LTE, which is exxentially GSM. yay

soon you will be able to join the SIM card club
aschehl

Dec 18, 2007, 1:33 PM
LTE won't be up for a little while anyway. CDMA and EVDO is faster anyway. (by a small margin)
beeferjay

Dec 18, 2007, 1:39 PM
actually,

there are more advanced chipsets for EVDO, it doesnt mean it is faster.

The reason they are long-term evolving in the first place is because LTE has the possibility of being faster.
aschehl

Dec 18, 2007, 1:44 PM
I'm talking data speeds etc. They are going to LTE because Vodafone wants to make sure it's compatible with Verizon wireless worldwide in the future.
beeferjay

Dec 18, 2007, 1:48 PM
and what im sayin, is LTE is way newer than EVDO.

EVDO is maxed out and it may be faster right now, but LTE has not been developed to its potential.

That potential is what voda is betting on
aschehl

Dec 18, 2007, 1:50 PM
Right I know LTE is considered 4g. WiMAX uses very similar tech too.
rivers9180

Dec 18, 2007, 1:55 PM
But in the long term LTE is going to be faster than WiMAX can be. It will not see its deployment potential until 2011-2012, but internationally CDMA is not a dominant technology, thus WiMAX is not going to be a long term solution for a majority of carriers
beeferjay

Dec 18, 2007, 1:56 PM
ooo, poor WiMAX

sprint sucks by the way.
aschehl

Dec 18, 2007, 3:24 PM
yes they do thats also why Verizon is going with LTE
fyredawg

Dec 19, 2007, 1:27 PM
😛
aschehl

Dec 19, 2007, 3:46 PM
😲
Debo

Dec 18, 2007, 1:42 PM
I switched to Verizon cuz until next year T-Mobile is only roaming out here.
aschehl

Dec 18, 2007, 1:47 PM
I hate when that happens.😡
OfAMightDivine

Dec 18, 2007, 1:18 PM
Not at all. I work with VZW Customer Service, and I have AT&T. Lots of agents use the competitors.
beeferjay

Dec 18, 2007, 1:19 PM
work for att

but i have t-mobile
TMoChic

Dec 19, 2007, 1:59 PM
Hellooooooo Eye!
foxiangel5

Dec 18, 2007, 1:36 PM
the customers seem to think so dont they?? lol i have att and i worked for verizon and now with sprint. id loved to buy a phone with eahc carrier i work with unfortunatly im on a family plan with my parents and until they make me get my own line, they can have whatever carrier they want!
aschehl

Dec 18, 2007, 1:40 PM
I just love when people complain about Verizon to me. I really just don't say anything most of the time. I used to work for them so I know what is up. I love the bill complaints though about how it's different evey month and there is no reason. I swear these people can't read!!!
Debo

Dec 18, 2007, 1:44 PM
Actully, I forgot that some carriers (if not all) provide a discount on service for competiters employees. I know Verizon does.
It's worth a look.
aschehl

Dec 18, 2007, 1:52 PM
I already have a discount. 19% ish
WM6user

Dec 18, 2007, 2:00 PM
No. I used to use Verizon, but am now on at&t. I do customer service for them.
ayotech

Dec 18, 2007, 8:30 PM
I have a Sidekick LX and I work for Sprint...
the only way i'm getting sprint is on a dealer line that does not put me in another 2yr contract...
aschehl

Dec 19, 2007, 9:09 AM
I hear that a lot and not just for Sprint. Maybe it's just that we know how things change in this industry and we want an out when they do change.
cellscott

Dec 19, 2007, 1:11 PM
i'm the same way. work for alltel, have my alltel work phone (Q), but still have my verizon personal line from before i started with alltel. plan to upgrade the verizon next month...my family, my wife, and her family all have verizon so it'd be foolish to lose the m2m in-calling. not to mention i don't know how much longer i'll stay employed with alltel 🙂
mhalbert

Dec 20, 2007, 7:42 PM
I WORK FOR AN AT&T CALL CENTER AS A SALES AGENT AND I USE VERIZON! AFTER WORKING FOR THEM I WOULD NEVER USE THEM!
Y-not

Dec 20, 2007, 11:38 PM
Not at all... I worked for Verizon for 2 1/2 years and had a Sidekick most for the most part... until the Voyager came out
ReaperTut

Dec 21, 2007, 3:33 PM
Y-not said:
Not at all... I worked for Verizon for 2 1/2 years and had a Sidekick most for the most part... until the Voyager came out

the voyager, is bad!! i hella like it, i was the first one to have it in the northern cali, region. 😁 😁 😁 😁
eljeffe666

Dec 21, 2007, 3:53 PM
when i worked at radio shack i sold sprint and wouldn't be caught dead with a sprint cause they sucked in mn so i bought cell one which became alltel in mn

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.