Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Why?!?!?!?!

fyredawg

Dec 16, 2007, 12:37 PM
Why is it that everyone who comes up to the store thinks they can get the $500 retail phone for free when they sign up for service?! When I moved into my apartment and I signed up for my natural gas service, they didn't give me a stainless steel range, did they? Hell no! Why should cellular service be different?
princessn1984

Dec 16, 2007, 12:40 PM
I was just about to post a thread with the same name... except I want to know WHY people think they don't need their ID to do someone on an account, or WHY people think they can do something on someone else's account?!
fyredawg

Dec 16, 2007, 12:42 PM
YES!
fyredawg

Dec 16, 2007, 12:50 PM
F**K!!! I JUST HAD ANOTHER ONE!!!

(Customer, totally serious.)"I've been with your company for 8 years, I pay about $100/month. I've got XYZ plan with XYZ web and text blah blah. I got this phone 9 months ago with a bluetooth and some other s**t. What can I get for free?"

(Me joking, but not really.)"Heh, yeah you and about 100,000 other customers. I can give you a smile and a handshake for free, everything else you gotta pay for. This is a business after all, not a charity, and I need to make money too!"
PlastikPalmTrees

Dec 17, 2007, 12:33 PM
Its getting bad when they beeyotch for 30 minutes about the mail in rebates
fyredawg

Dec 17, 2007, 12:36 PM
True.
Tmo Slave

Dec 17, 2007, 1:05 PM
I like when they say 'I pay $100.00 a month to you I think your company would be sad to see me leave if you don't give me a curve for free.' Ok first we don't make a $100.00 profit on you. Its not free to have you using our service. That $100.00 a month goes toward paying to build new towers and service the existing ones. It goes toward paying our employees to take your sh!t. After all is said and done they make like $20.00 a month profit on you.

So no you can't have a free curve.
PlastikPalmTrees

Dec 17, 2007, 1:08 PM
Account remarks are free. 😈
Betherfer

Dec 17, 2007, 1:42 PM
Cust: I broke my phone and have to have a new one! I cannot go without one!

Me: Well, it seems that you opted out of insurance when you got it and you have only had it for 2 months. I can sell you one at full retail or you can add a line and get a new one cheaper.

Cust: I am NOT going to pay for nuthin. I am not going to pay a bill for something I can't use.

Me: You are welcome to cancel service at any time for the termination fee.

Cust: I AINT PAYIN DAT! I NEED THE MANAGERS NAME & YOUR NAME!

**** If I totaled my car tomorrow, the dealership will not give me a new one for free just because I pay the insurance premium to drive one. A contract is a contract! Freakin read it! ****

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.