Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Question for AT&T people...

devilsmafia

Dec 11, 2007, 9:33 PM
I'm in the market for a PDA, but i'm trying to save some money. So i'm looking at a few Refurb models on the AT&T website. They have a refurbed BlackJack that seems tempting since it's only $49.99 (online only price). My question is, since it's window's mobile 5.0, can it be upgraded to 6.0? And if so, how is that done and what does that cost?

There is also a Refurbed BB Pearl and Refurbed BB Curve that I was looking at as well. Which do you think is best?
hardcorehavok

Dec 11, 2007, 9:46 PM
There is not an official WM6 upgrade for the Blackjack yet. It has been rumored for months now. It IS coming, but no one knows an exact date. The upgrade will be free. I am not sure how it is done. You would either download the upgrade to your PC and sync it to your device or maybe even download it directly to the device. However, you may want to go with the Blackjack II as it already runs WM6. WM6 may slow the Blackjack down.
devilsmafia

Dec 11, 2007, 9:48 PM
What are the main differenced in 6.0 compared to 5.0? If it's really nothing major i just may stick with the Blackjack since it's cheaper for the refurb. I'm just trying to get the most out of my buck, lol.
hardcorehavok

Dec 12, 2007, 11:06 AM
Differences Between WM5 and WM6

1. Looks - WM6 is designed to look more like Vista...because we all love Vista, right?

2. Windows Mobile Marketplace - AKA another way for Bill Gates to get richer.

3. More Shortcuts - For those lazy WM users.

For more, check out this site:

http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonlan/archive/2007/03/18/wi ... »

There is a PDF that outlines all the differences. Most of them are more business oriented changes. If you are thinking of using the Blackjack as more of a personal device, WM5 is fine. If you are planning on using it for work, check out the PDF and decide if you need the features that WM6 offers.
phatbasstard

Dec 12, 2007, 11:58 AM
get the blackberry the blackjack has reception problems
chainsaw

Dec 12, 2007, 12:30 PM
Get the curve! BJ sucks!
vonzippy04

Dec 12, 2007, 12:37 PM
I agree curve is awesome!!!! 😁
chainsaw

Dec 12, 2007, 12:59 PM
w00t!
nization

Dec 12, 2007, 3:41 PM
Blackberry, definatly! It will be cheaper monthly for the internet and its easier to use and, well just better all around, unless you like to watch cellular video and have 3g internet speeds of course 😁
vonzippy04

Dec 12, 2007, 4:51 PM
ya 3g is good but not that big of a difference. ya if you want to watch tv on your phone then yes dont get a bb. But bb's internet is actually comparable to 3g, only cuz bb's internet goes through the bb server and they break it down so you only get the content that you need. so the internet is almost as fast as 3g. Plus the new curve 2 has GPS for only ten dollars more! i have it and it's amazing!!!!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.