Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

christmas vendors

ajstrong

Dec 4, 2007, 12:13 PM
so, I am wondering if anyone else has this thought: do products/conveniences that have special kiosks during this time of year start out silly, but eventually wear you down, to the point of actually thinking about spending money on those things? things like sand in a colorful cloth sock with smelly stuff mixed in, that sells for $50-90 a pop, based on the shape.

Or the wonderful sausage and cheese in shrink wrap, courtesy of hickory farms... does anyone esle get the crazy idea to buy? discuss...
illinformedcustomer

Dec 4, 2007, 12:19 PM
I used to run a kiosk in Lancaster, Pa. where there isn't anything to do in that town to begin with - so that pretty muched sucked. We were given a kiosk location right next to the Israeli people with the hand lotion that stop and harrass everyone. It was the longest Christmas season ever. - Oh and this was after spending all summer working on the boardwalk, which was awesome, we were just following the seasonal business - I hate the mall at anytime of year now
gozvzw

Dec 4, 2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah those guys got kicked out of our mall for harassing the customers. I think they are like gray hairs, once you pull one out you get ten more, the mall is swarming with them now selling that sock crap, hair straighteners, toy planes, sea salt... I could keep going but I won't.
ajstrong

Dec 4, 2007, 12:59 PM
we have those too; thankfully, I'm not the kind of shopper they're out to acost. still is annoying, though.
simply_bull

Dec 4, 2007, 5:51 PM
i happen to be workin a kiosk right next to israeli people with hand lotion, down the hall form the ones with the straightening irons...and behind the ones with the ipod accessories......they're everywhere!!!!!! but hey they're fun
ajstrong

Dec 5, 2007, 9:54 AM
I saw a "bundle up" kiosk, with scarves and hats that matched.... it was buy one get one free, but I'm not sure if it was buy a bundle, get a bundle, or buy a scarf, get a hat.... didn't really stop to check.

we also have the "living pictures" kiosk, the one with glowing lights that make the pic move. fun.
devilsmafia

Dec 4, 2007, 8:08 PM
So I'm assuming you worked in Park City Mall? That mall is crazy? Middle Eastern retailers everywhere in that place.
illinformedcustomer

Dec 5, 2007, 9:57 AM
that would be the one. It was like three years ago so I don't know whats there anymore I refuse to go back
PlastikPalmTrees

Dec 10, 2007, 10:14 PM
I think the Israelis moved to my mall. They stop EVERYONE and try to SMOTHER them in hand cream from head to toe. Oy vey.
AnWrOoTbEeR

Dec 4, 2007, 6:42 PM
I do. We have a snow globe thing a few kiosk's down to the right... They do sell pretty cool stuff! At first I was like, "Wow, who buys that crap!" Then, the more i walked by it, i noticed a snow globe w/ the wicked witches hat on top of the glass ball... I'm obsessed with the book "Wicked" at the moment, and all i could think about was how bad i wanted to buy it.

Then theres a game place 2 kiosks down from us to the left... I bought 3 games from them already. They are also owned by the same people who have the snowglobe place.

Then today, I left to get some change from mall management, and saw the hickory sausage/cheese things... 🙄 This was my reaction, but you know i will buy at least one.
Jennyboo

Dec 4, 2007, 8:45 PM
There are sooo many christmas vendors in the mall that sell junk it's unbelievable!

We have one that sells styrofoam helicopters, one that only sells hand carved crosses, fake hair vendors galore, little fake crystal kiosks.....etc....you get my point.

Oh and not to mention my kiosk is right next to the Israeli lotion stand so I get to hear them say "Excuse me, do you have natural nails" all day long.
BigShowJB

Dec 5, 2007, 9:49 AM
ok in our mall we have (Starting at the other end and getting closer) CellOne(soon to be ATT corporate), right around the corner is an Alltel/Cellone kiosk, and right behind me is VZW, our kiosk and an ATT dealer.

The day before thanksgiving, a little pissant Indian dude (not all Indians are pissants, just this guy.) and opens a cellular accessories cart.

He put up a big sign that says Carchargers and holsters 9.99, so our boss (also a dealer) drops our CLA and holster price to 8.99. Accessory guy was PISSED when he saw it this morning!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.