Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

best way to get rid of telemarketers

arsimckhoi

Nov 30, 2007, 9:56 AM
what i do...

just say "Whaaaaaa?" like i'm not from this country and then say "Nooooooo!" it's fun what do you guys do?
ATTGuyNY

Nov 30, 2007, 10:50 AM
I usually just inform them that this is a business, please stop calling. When I get several calls from the same place I act all interested and go the whole the whole distance of the call, then say "Actually sir I am not interested, I have told you many times that this is a place of business, I was hoping that if I wasted some of your time as you have been wasting mine, you might get the hint and stop calling."
Haze

Nov 30, 2007, 11:48 AM
tell them your busy,and if you can have their home phone number so you can call them back ;)
Blumpelstiltskin

Nov 30, 2007, 1:35 PM
I tell them I'm the painter - the store is out of business.
ajstrong

Nov 30, 2007, 2:22 PM
I like that one best 🙂
vzwcripplesphones

Nov 30, 2007, 5:45 PM
I like that one as well, hope ya don't mind if I use it. 🤣
StillNAOQS

Nov 30, 2007, 9:03 PM
I ask them if they are prepared for jehovahs return
thatnewgirl

Nov 30, 2007, 9:28 PM
🤣
Thats a good one!

*click*
Imajika

Dec 3, 2007, 5:45 AM
I just say "Que? Que? Que? Hola? " over and over. If they switch me to the Spanish call center I say, "I speak English! Not Spanish! Any company that doesn't even know what language I speak is no company I want to do business with! Good day!" and I hang up.
Adam7986

Dec 4, 2007, 9:24 AM
After they get their sentence out, i ask them if they are happy with their long distance and proceed to offer them a new phone plan ha ha
BigShowJB

Dec 3, 2007, 9:13 AM
check out a guy named Tom Mabe. he is hilarious!!!

He turns it round on the telemarketer. two of his best are a satellite TV telemarketer calls and he pretends to conduct a murder investigation, and a carpet cleaning company calls and he asks if they can get a lot of blood out of a carpet. they escalate very quickly and are hilarious

Friends of Hal know who I'm talking about. you've probably heard his stuff several times. It's even on you tube if you search his name
arsimckhoi

Dec 3, 2007, 9:16 AM
radio station plays his stuff all the time... is he the guy that "killed" himself when a burial plot company called?
phoneyphonephone

Dec 4, 2007, 12:09 PM
SO AS I'M READING THIS I GET A TELEMARKETER CALL

Only it was a recording asking me to call him back about lowering interest on my credit card.
Are they getting lazy? Maybe they are just sick of being harassed.
Either way, lame. Very very lame.
kt8

Dec 4, 2007, 3:45 PM
I heard when they call and it is automated system that if you press the one key or 0 key a bunch of times while the recording is speaking it will not call the number again because it confuses the system lol dont know how true that is but i did it to the people who were trying to set us up on a cruise and they havent called back since....
simply_bull

Dec 4, 2007, 5:32 PM
i love it when i get the long distance provider calls....ask them how long it is, be persistant. when you get an answer of say 5000 miles or some other ridiculous number tell them you don't know anyone that far away, thank you and goodbye
AnWrOoTbEeR

Dec 4, 2007, 6:49 PM
Thank you for calling Grand Central, How may I direct your call?

-I learned this from my dad.

Or sometimes I let them talk up until the part where they say where they're calling from, what they want, what their name is... and hang up.

Sometimes I pretend like I know the person, and create a conversation, then hang up.
Iselltheshitoutofphones

Dec 5, 2007, 12:48 AM
One of my favorites...

Me: Hello, and thank you for calling the new ATT, this is Will, how can I help you.

TM: Yes, I need to talk to someone who make business decisions for the company (thats me).

Me: Oh, he is not here right now..

TM: Is there a good time to reach him?

Me: No, he won't be back for the rest of the month.

TM: On vacation?

Me: Something like that....he is in Vietnam, soliciting sex to 14 year old boys....

TM.....silence.....oh.....click.

I love that one....I always laugh my ass off.

Will
BigShowJB

Dec 5, 2007, 9:34 AM
say," hey while I have you on the phone can you answer a question for me?"

their obligitory response... "sure"

"I've been having a little trouble with my line. Does this sound like a phone hanging up?" and hang up

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.