Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

California Roll

bdizzle

Nov 10, 2007, 10:29 PM
I work in a retail location that pretty much dies after dark, so when my phone rings I tend to get pretty excited. Well my phone rang, and I went through my whole "Thank you for calling _____, a _____ authorized retailer. How may I help you" and here is what transpired below. Me = Me, and C = Caller

C: I would like to place an order
Me: I am sorry, but we have to have you in the store to select a phone and activate service
C: Well its a small order, it will be quick
Me: Unfortunately I have to verify ID to run a credit check.
C: I just want a California roll!
Me: WHAT?
C: Is this so and so's restaurant?
Me: No, we are a ______ Wireless store
C: Well what is the number for the restaurant?

WTF is up with these people? Did she no...
(continues)
LoopiKelli

Nov 11, 2007, 11:30 AM
LOL! That's too funny... But now I'm hungry for sushi.

Can you take internet orders? *giggle*
Nikoletta

Nov 11, 2007, 12:18 PM
Yes! I want sushi too now. This is all your fault (somebody, I don't even care who) mmmm

Tempura rolls...

Smoked Salmon...

Giant Clam...

Crap now I need to clean my keyboard, I'm drooling.

And all I have for today is some bad breakroom coffee.

I don't know why they can't get decent coffee for the breakrooms but it seems to be like a rule that the coffee in the breakroom has to be bitter nasty stuff even fresh. I need to keep my French Press and a bag of my own blend in my locker.
StillNAOQS

Nov 11, 2007, 12:22 PM
Nikoletta said:
French Press and a bag of my own blend in my locker.

never heard of those? how are they? and how much is an ounce 👀
Nikoletta

Nov 11, 2007, 3:03 PM
A French Press is a method of making coffee, you get the grinds done really coarse and put them in the bottom. They have a little mesh plunger-thing and you put boiling (well just off boiling) water in the press and let it sit a few minutes then MASH the plunger down. It traps the grinds and you pour off the coffee. It tends to be less bitter though you get some silt on the bottom (Nobody seems to mind, the coffee is so much better.)

By my own blend I mean I will buy a roast I like at like Starbucks or Doma (a local roaster) and keep in my locker to use with the Press so I don't have to drink icky breakroom coffee.
StillNAOQS

Nov 11, 2007, 3:17 PM
🤭
LoopiKelli

Nov 11, 2007, 1:58 PM
Ugggh!! Stop it!!! My stomach is looking at me going "Give me sushi, bitch."
Nikoletta

Nov 11, 2007, 3:04 PM
Hahaha. We can go to Sushi together tonight k? You want to meet me at the South door?
LoopiKelli

Nov 11, 2007, 4:00 PM
Huh? What mall are you at?
Nikoletta

Nov 11, 2007, 5:04 PM
I'm Call Center Peon, just being silly.
deepc185

Nov 12, 2007, 1:18 PM
You should have taken his order, told him it was free, and let the restaurant deal with him! 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.