Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

sucking the life force out of me this job is..

chainsaw

Nov 8, 2007, 1:42 PM
Seriously, how much worse can it get. I have a job interview today for a job I've always wanted. And what happens this morning? The girl at my store quits so I have to come in on my day off. So I have to make up some extravagent lie to my boss as to why I need to get someone at my store between 12-1. I don't like lying...lets just hope this new one pans through. Here I come Denver!
vzwcripplesphones

Nov 8, 2007, 1:44 PM
Doctor's Appointment always works for me, if they insist you cite Health Information Privacy Act.
yodude

Nov 8, 2007, 1:45 PM
I feel ya... I only have less than a month left, then 3 months of freedom and then a decision to make if I'm going to come back here or not. I cannot make crap here anymore. When I first started, we had good phones, no returns, everything was good. Then when I was settled in my boss turned into hellspawn and pretty much dissapeared, we started having return after return after return, we can't get ANY good phones anymore and nobody wants the POS phones we DO get from friggin Radiosh!t. I AM GOING INSANE IN THIS MENTAL INSTITUTION!!!!!
chainsaw

Nov 8, 2007, 1:50 PM
You live in Ut don't you, what radioshack do you work at?
yodude

Nov 8, 2007, 2:15 PM
It's an SC Kiosk inside the Layton Sams Club.
chainsaw

Nov 8, 2007, 2:19 PM
Hmm layton..so ghetto.
yodude

Nov 8, 2007, 2:20 PM
haha whatever. I used to work at Newgate Mall in Ogden.... Wow....
oldtimer_sprint

Nov 9, 2007, 12:32 AM
No could be even worse than that. Cache valley mall in Logan!

😈

Or the call center behind Lee's in North Logan. That place is just one big pot of sad!
just_asking

Nov 8, 2007, 2:09 PM
I have been at the shack part time and full time for over 20 years, and I am getting ready to quit. My pay went from anywhere from 12-18 dollars an hour pt. Now I am lucky to make 7-10 hour for the same work. I dont think so. I made more per hour back in 84 when I started, when Min wage was 3.35 hour, now when min wage is 6.50 hour.

In our district, there is only maybe 6-7 managers out of 40 who have been a manager more than 2 years. sales people maybe 5-10 out of 300. Really sad. RS is going to get SCR*WD this xmas. sales people quitting left and right.
yodude

Nov 8, 2007, 2:17 PM
Ya. There is 3 of us working at this location, I'm PT, the other 2 FT, and the manager has been in wireless on and off for 5 years, but only manager here for 3 or 4 months. And the other FT kid is probably going to quit before Christmas, I have to leave the beginning of December and the manager has done nothing to look at hiring anyone else.
Debo

Nov 8, 2007, 2:20 PM
I know that feeling. I'm trying to get out of sales and I work so much I never have time to look much less interview. ☚ī¸
chainsaw

Nov 8, 2007, 7:59 PM
So my phone interview was at one, and of course I have 6 customers(which is very rare) walk in at 5 till. The kid that was supposed to be here to cover for me got here right at one. The interview lady called me and I had to tell her to call me back in 30 minutes which she did, and I was so frazzled from being busy, drinking an energy drink, and having my one employee quit that I almost botched the interview.

Hopefully a nice email will smooth things over 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.