Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

restricting phone usage during the day

mogulchic21

Oct 30, 2007, 4:32 PM
I have a customer who is looking to get a phone for her mentally ill sister and wants to restrict how much the phone can be used during the day. Now I know that there are phones out there that allow you to only make/receive phone calls that are in the phone book. I was hoping that someone might know if it was possible to restrict usage during the day. All I could think of was a free incoming plan since the customer's sister will be receiving more calls than she would be making. But I don't know at this point. So any help would be absolutely fantastic!!!!
skippyvan

Oct 30, 2007, 6:02 PM
Heavily sedate the retard during the day so that they cant use the phone that much.
nization

Oct 30, 2007, 6:06 PM
well it sounds like they are with sprint and for them i don't know.
however ATT did and soon will again offer a smart limits feature that allows you to restrict time of day the phone is used, how much its used, who is called, text usage ect.
BigShowJB

Oct 30, 2007, 7:24 PM
call tech support and find out what they have to say.
yes there is the free incoming, but $50 is pricey to me for a mentally challenged person like skippyvan or raycarroll...
yodude

Oct 30, 2007, 8:56 PM
or hotkarl666...
Imajika

Oct 31, 2007, 6:43 AM
If the customer is with Sprint there are two Sanyo phones that have 'parental controls' built into them. These controls let you restrict incoming and outgoing calls, web access, downloads, etc. Those phones are the Sanyo SCP 2400 and Sanyo SCP 7000.

There's also a business plan that will allow you to restrict phone use for employees but I don't know if your customer is on a business account or not.

Hope this helps!
Imajika

Oct 31, 2007, 7:23 AM
Oh and the Sanyo S1 (2500) has parental controls too. 😉

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.