Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

hi have a question early termination

mrmckoo

Dec 11, 2004, 2:25 AM
🙂 hey everyone...
i am a tmobile user but i am a user that wants to change my proider to verizon wirelss...
my contract ends in april.. so normailly, i have to pay the termination fee rite?
but i saw this ad saying that i don t need to pay..
so i called them about it
they say that its not a standard procedure but i cant activate with veriozon and terminate my tmobile with out paying the termination fee..
do u think this is a possible story?
can they actually do that?
experts if you know can u reply me and tell me how they are doing this procedure?
TexasJulie

Dec 11, 2004, 7:19 AM
Hi! I've heard that is only available in certain markets... unfortunately I dont know which ones.... So its very possible that you are in one of those markets. Im working tomorrow and I will see what I can dig up for ya!
Jul
amumey

Dec 11, 2004, 6:02 PM
What city and state do you live in?
mrmckoo

Dec 11, 2004, 6:19 PM
i live in Los angeles california
amumey

Dec 22, 2004, 1:15 AM
The add was not for your market. You cant get out of the ETF at this time. Sorry. 😕
sammy2

Dec 11, 2004, 7:51 PM
Read your contract and see precisly what it says regarding early terminating and then read the details of this ad that your noticed. It does not matter what anyone says. What matters is what is written.

Who's ad is it and what precisely does it say.
blatch

Dec 13, 2004, 11:49 AM
In Iowa they had a 4 month law that a customer could not be charged a early termination fee after 4 months. I know LA and Iowa are barely on the same planet but you might want to check into it.

Please nobody rip me for Iowa, livin is easy out here.
sammy2

Dec 13, 2004, 4:00 PM
You may see a reference in some other forum sites to House File 2322 (http://forum.freeadvice.com/archive/index.ph p/t-199134.html)
. Upon reviewing this file there is absolutely nothing to do with early termination fees for cellphones.

http://www2.legis.state.ia.us/GA/77GA/Legislation/HF ... »

I also searched wtih the 2300 series of files and found nothing so unless the poster is way off on the file number than the free advice is worth nothing.

If you can identify the house file number I would be happy to review it.
ShunAsa

Dec 13, 2004, 4:25 PM
wtg sammy.....the "fact checker" 😉
heather_bo_beather

Jan 10, 2005, 6:42 PM
Whoa... i would say if you signed the dotted line that they have you. Most contracts also say you can not sue or take that company to court for any reason... crazy huh?

I had customers get out of the ETF from T-Mobile in the MD area, and port their #'s to us (Verizon), but I think it depends on their coverage in a particular area. Out of all carriers, it seems T-Mobile is the most leanant as far as letting you go w/o an ETF, but I am no expert on their Methods and procedures, but I have seen it done, especially if the T-Mobile coverage is non-exsistant.
whitetiger71

Jan 8, 2005, 1:05 AM
I'm sorry to say but yes you will have to pay an early termination fee of $200.00 and there is no way around that. But I do have to ask why would you want to leave TMobile in the first place? Is there maybe an answer to any problem you may be occuring that i could answer for you. I currently work for TMobile.Just ask.
kookyxnut

Jan 17, 2005, 1:29 AM
I have problems with TMOBILE. should have cancelled when I could have. Can you help me?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.